A Singleton in a Balcony cabin worth it?

Judyrem

23 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

If I were solo passenger and knowing I will pay double , I would also consider a Lanai cabin if they are available on the ship you are considering.

They aren't.

Absolutely worth it - especially for an aft balcony!  Milestone birthdays deserve a little extra celebration.  And balconies are a nice way to have a private retreat and a place for reflection.  I cruise solo most of the time now also since my husband passed several years ago and I have had a balcony for most of those cruises.

I do agree with OlsSalt about lanai cabins. They are perfect for one and the promenade is right outside your door.  I had one on my last cruise. I don't think they have them on the NS, though I could be mistaken.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Judyrem said:

I love all your upbeat positive responses makes me feel better!  THANKS!

I LOVE my  Mother ocean and everything about it. I am/was a diver and I love to snorkel. I can afford it but I don't like to be a spendthrift.

Yet, this a milestone birthday and I want to do it.

I am waiting to hear from my sister in law, she is mulling it over.  If she can't come, then I am going solo.

Enjoying a treat is not being a spendthrift 🙂  You want a balcony --  I encourage you to get the balcony, enjoy the balcony, enjoy the sea, enjoy treating yourself.  Being kind to oneself is  a skill most of us need to learn ❤️

My wife's dad has gone solo in a balcony cabin pretty much every year since my mother-in-law passed away. He likes the balcony and the space it gives him. I doubt he'd change room categories. It really depends on what you like and what you are comfortable spending. 

22 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

Personally I think Lanai cabins are small for two people, but they could be ideal for just one.

Those cabins are small for two and, as a solo, are too small for me.  Plus, the curtains MUST be kept closed at night which reduces/eliminates any morning light.  My opinion: another failed "guest improvement idea" by some executive in Seattle in favor of generating more $$.

• Like 1