Recent escape info

Shidah

9 hours ago, Cruise409 said:

I am new to NCL.  My first cruise on NCL is in September on the escape.  Can you explain to me what is the Vibe?

Thanks

It’s an adults only sundeck with waiters and a hot tub. You’re paying to get away from the crowds and kids and have someone bring drinks to your lounge chair. 

From pictures and reports I’ve seen it can extremely hot and/or windy up there. There is no pool or way to cool off, but I think they come around with misters. 

(The thought of drinking all day in the baking sun makes me queasy, but apparently it’s worth a lot of money to some.)

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Shidah said:

Anyone on the Escape recently who can report if the higher cost for the Vibe has lowered demand?  Are they still sold at Headliners?

Private sundeck. They sell around 80 passes for the 4500 passengers. So, if you are not a priority passenger, you have to show up at the port at the crack of dawn, rush through security and check in, hope that you're one of the first to board the ship, and walk very fast (not run) to the sales point. It's on the top deck near the front of the ship, so you need to deal with the weather and winds on deck. 

13 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

It’s an adults only sundeck with waiters and a hot tub. You’re paying to get away from the crowds and kids and have someone bring drinks to your lounge chair. 

From pictures and reports I’ve seen it can extremely hot and/or windy up there. There is no pool or way to cool off, but I think they come around with misters. 

(The thought of drinking all day in the baking sun makes me queasy, but apparently it’s worth a lot of money to some.)

Thank you for clarifying this.  I think I will pass

14 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

They have showers and large misters. They also have a really nice, clean bathroom

Skip to 1:38 and you can see the Misters .....  

Edited by Laszlo

21 hours ago, Escaping2016 said:

Hi can anyone just off the Escape tell me who the Cruise Director is and if they know if they will still be there next month 4/14-4/21

Alvin just took over as Cruise Director in October. If it's a six month contract, he would probably just be finishing up his contract while you are there.

On 3/17/2019 at 11:45 PM, Shidah said:

Anyone on the Escape recently who can report if the higher cost for the Vibe has lowered demand?  Are they still sold at Headliners?

I just returned from the escape on Sunday  I purchased Vibe passes. They are still selling them in headliners. Upon entry there is someone standing there that informs you of the price increase.I didn't notice anyone getting off the line when they heard the price. 

To answer the question regarding the cruise director, It was Dan Dan and I was told that he would be there for a while.

3 hours ago, Rob031 said:

To answer the question regarding the cruise director, It was Dan Dan and I was told that he would be there for a while.

Dan Dan is back on the Escape? We just had him as our cruise director on the Bliss last month. He was our Cruise Director on the Escape back in February 2018.

15 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Dan Dan is back on the Escape? We just had him as our cruise director on the Bliss last month. He was our Cruise Director on the Escape back in February 2018.

Yup. Was just on the ship last week. Dan Dan was on board and said he’d be “back for a while”. 

5 minutes ago, paulis said:

Yup. Was just on the ship last week. Dan Dan was on board and said he’d be “back for a while”. 

I swear, he must look at my future bookings and sign up to be on board at the same time as me! He was our cruise director on my first ever NCL sailing on the Escape last February, then the Bliss this February, and now I am back on the Escape in April (sounds like he will still be there then). Now if he is on my Encore sailing in December, I will know for sure that he is stalking me!