new deals and prices got to love stress!

newbiewaves

Been researching cruises over last few days, baulk at some prices, compare deals, see better, change mind, change cruise lines etc etc then the one first thought of publishes an even better deal...........its a wonder cruise bookers keep their hair! Reminds me of the great line in 'Sleepless in Seattle' over the cost of a flight to New York 'who knows it changes all the time'.......... just hope now the price i am happy with will not reduced much more or if it does the freebie add-ons are less. (pass the sedatives...sorry just needed a rant...)

lolllllllllllllllll well a tardy call back saw me booking a Fred Olsen as despite the great O deal Fred came in at half the price still all inc. and South Africa to Seychelles (one of my bucket places) rather than San Fran to Papeete. Maybe next year i will watch for O's wheeling dealing but couldn't justify the extra £5k today. I will now creep off to my appropriate forum lolllll 🙋‍♀️  (and yes i have researched both lines and others here...almost a cruise expert rather than critic lollllll)

We got an O European brochure in the mail today and were amazed as they wanted well over $400 pp/day for an A3, and that was the cruise-only fare. Last year we did a 45 day b2b2b2b in the Med, which included a TA back to Miami, in an A3 and averaged about $350 pp/day and that included OLife and airfare. Yes, O prices are definitely going up!

I've noted the various Oceania sales this year that haven't been offered in the past. Keep in mind 2019 is the year prices are notably higher than past. 30% off selected cruises atm and a decent  variety of sailings. Never seen Oceania offer 30% off. Perhaps the never ending price increases will result in more lucrative sales. Driving a more book later attitude vs book early

Maybe companies dont realise the effect the ever changing pricing strategy has on customers and it will increase the 'wait and see the deals' mentality and confidence in the line. If you have booked then see changes it is dispiriting and i was seeing different deals and pricing over a 3 day period. Seems only reason to book early is if you have specific cabin limitations, dates and itinerary. Leave it too late and the best can be gone.....

JMO

Maybe it was a sale to attract  UK & Australian pax

Not sure how it works if you can get the new price or perks if past final payment

Here in N.A  our TA  will do the adjustments  to the lower price

For main stream lines many people wait & see  but with Oceania  sometimes it works & sometimes not

you have to  do what works best for you

Usually we book early because I like to know where I am sleeping

YMMV