FERRY TO KLEIN BONAIRE ON YOUR OWN

tabprincess

• 4 months later...

If I remember correctly, they ask you how long you want to stay.  We wanted to go over to the Spice Club after snorkeling so we mentioned it to the captain before we got off and then again when we got back on.  There might have been an extra charge $3-5.  That was 3 years ago and the memory is failing.  There are a couple of companies running back and forth.

We thought about doing this but a family member said that on a previous trip the ferry wasn’t running the day they were in port, so we didn’t want to take the chance of missing out on snorkelling and booked a tour with Woodwind for piece of mind. It was wonderful! The ferry did appear to be running the day we were there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very easy to do the ferry on your own.  No need to pay extra thru the ship.  Be aware, however, that you'll need your own equipment.  Also, there is NOTHING on Klein Bonaire - no shade, no refreshments, no beach chairs, etc.  There is a very easy drift snorkel there, tho it can be difficult getting into the water due to the coral close to shore.  I have read that sometimes the ferry will let you drop your stuff at the landing and then take you down to the beginning of the drift, tho I haven't done it that way.