Emerald Princess debarkation in L.A.

lovin_retirement

6 minutes ago, lovin_retirement said:

Hope someone who has recently been on Princess and did debarkation in LA can let me know approx. debarkation times. We will be doing the trans canal in November 

and I want to schedule a shuttle pickup. We will be on the Dolphin deck if that helps. TIA:classic_rolleyes:

What time is arrival scheduled for? That will make a difference as to when disembarkation starts.

On our recent cruise that was scheduled to arrive there at 6:15 AM, first walkoff was scheduled to be at 7 AM and first with luggage on shore was scheduled for 7:35 AM. Things essentially went on schedule.

Is this a shuttle like "Super Shuttle"? If so, do not worry if you estimated wrong. They will be there for both those with reservations and those without reservations.

6 hours ago, lovin_retirement said:

Hope someone who has recently been on Princess and did debarkation in LA can let me know approx. debarkation times. We will be doing the trans canal in November 

and I want to schedule a shuttle pickup. We will be on the Dolphin deck if that helps. TIA:classic_rolleyes:

The ship is scheduled to dock a 6:15am, so that's the plan. Just disembarked the Emerald in San Pedro on March 11th. Normally early disembarkation, wheel off all your own luggage, would begin between 7:00 and 7:30. Standard disembarkation, pick up luggage in the terminal, should begin around 8:00 with the latest around 9:45 or 10:00. You get to request your disembarkation time, deck has nothing to do with it. There will be a disembarkation request form in your cabin early in the cruise.

There were disembarkation delays on February 17th as immigration only sent 3 agents, and on February 2nd there were delays due to very heavy rain as well as an issue with the gangplank. Delays can happen at any time.

Shuttle. If you are speaking about Super Shuttle or one of the other group shuttle services, they are all there waiting throughout the morning. Pre-pay does not mean you will get a priority van at a certain time. Most of these shuttles are going to LAX. You just get in line with everybody else. You don't really have to schedule and you don't really have to pre-pay. Fare to LAX was $38 for two a few weeks ago. If you are speaking about a private transfer, that's different. Uber and taxis are also available.

Hope this helps.