Everything... Norwegian Joy's Westernization 2019!

2 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Go back... I posted them in post #338.  It’s a fantastic room! 

Doug

ive seen all the postings of the concierge suites, I am booked in an AFT balcony on the joy, the concierge with balcony is around the same price, in your opinion  should we switch cabins? 

29 minutes ago, diamonddee1929 said:

Doug

ive seen all the postings of the concierge suites, I am booked in an AFT balcony on the joy, the concierge with balcony is around the same price, in your opinion  should we switch cabins? 

I’d switch in a heartbeat - the breakfast & lunch in Cagney’s alone would sell us.  

• Like 1

Hi Doug,

You did an awesome review, as usual. Kinda missed the wandering pics though...

Thanks for your thoughts on both Bliss (been on the 13 day x VCR to MX) and now the Joy in Nov.
We're looking forward to our sail on our PC.

May all your cruises be clear skies and calm seas.

8 minutes ago, 2bthere said:

Kinda missed the wandering pics though...

I tried my best not to fall into the “live” trap - and just share info that’s been missing with the uniqueness of this ship’s repurposing (including Sue’s smelly feet).  I asked Freestyle before leaving if we could keep it all within the “Everything” thread.

In all likelihood, we’ll go live once more for Encore. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

In my twisted opinion, I think NCL peaked with the initial Escape offering.  Howl is a lot of fun, the included ropes course is amazing to experience high atop a ship, and the night parties at Spice are fantastic.

We currently only have one NCL cruise booked - and it’s for the Encore inaugural transatlantic.  Don’t get me started on the wasted aft top-deck.

You are definitely correct. We loved Escape and missed the energy on Bliss. Removing prime real estate in aft deck-space, I think we will skip Encore entirely, pending final renditions. 

Thank you for your picture updates. We don't intend to cruise Joy, but she actually looks aesthetically better than the Bliss. 

Do you know if all the interior rooms have the "virtual balcony/oceanview screen" or just the 2 bedroom Family Inside?

I think a couple other NCL ships (Epic?) and maybe the Celebrity Edge have that feature.

I stayed in a Studio on Bliss and loved having the screen to see outside.

Thanks again!

8 minutes ago, L.A. Cruzr said:

Do you know if all the interior rooms have the "virtual balcony/oceanview screen" or just the 2 bedroom Family Inside?

I think a couple other NCL ships (Epic?) and maybe the Celebrity Edge have that feature.

I stayed in a Studio on Bliss and loved having the screen to see outside.

Thanks again!

The typical interior rooms do not have the virtual balconies.  

21 hours ago, Rhenry0815 said:

I see lobster is back, is it just for this special sailing or a permanent thing. I'm hoping this is the menu for my Getaway cruise.

That’s the same menu we had on the Getaway a few weeks ago. 

• Like 2

Thank you, as always such good info with great pictures.  Escape is my dh's favorite we leave on her for third time in a few weeks but my favorite is the epic, I know not all like the weird bedrooms but there is a curtain in balcony plus the spice h2o on epic by far is the best.  Safe travels home!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

I’ve said it before... this pool’s proximity to the catwalk overhead will attract drunk-flying idiots.  

FFD30889-B5C0-472D-84EF-0877C947C4E0.jpeg

A1725945-A38C-41E6-AFA2-06B492AD9635.jpeg

I'm intrigued by the life guard chair - since when does NCL have guards on duty?

No way is the picture a Fail! It's too funny! The smiling dogs, the giant grizzly bear that kind of looks stoned instead of ferocious, Sue tossing fake snow balls with such "Joy"  You need a pic with both of you in front of that fabulous backdrop! Great photos and information as always, Doug.  Thanks!!😀