Booked Excursion No Longer Listed?

ShipsandDipper

15 hours ago, Ithikan said:

And good luck to them, Bonnie.  When I called Azamara several weeks ago about the evaporation of the Spetses bicycle excursion, I was told it was the local, island contact that had bailed.  I'll be pulling the plug on 2 of our 5 future AZ cruises today.  Sailing by night and docking deck-to-deck with other vessels does not appeal, but the apparent success and consistency of bicycle excursions is a powerful reason for me to explore river cruises as an alternative to Azamara.

I loved our river cruise--if they weren't so cost-prohibitive, I'd take one every year.  It was the best vacation we've ever had!  We sailed on Uniworld and took all the offered bicycling excursions, and also took the bikes out on our own in a few ports.  We did a Rhine-Moselle itinerary--I highly recommend it, especially for the daytime "Castles along the Rhine" sailing portion.

• Like 2

River cruises perfectly compliment Ocean cruises. It’s not an either or apart from the budget allocation. Our bucket list now has got 8 river trips on it which is actually more than our ocean list. 

By the way the issue of rafting (being beside another ship) isn’t as big a thing as we feared and if you choose the right trip you’ve lots of afternoon cruising moving to a new place to enjoy the evening. 

Just remember river cruises and ocean cruises. Think of both as food but one is meat and the other is fish. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Our Pursuit Hotel Director Ryzsard sent us this message today:

“We have donated our Azamara bikes to kid's shelter in Mindelo, Cape Verde. We have made their day!”

A very nice gesture. Though I was hoping the bikes were still on board the Pursuit and could be made available to guests who wanted to borrow them and go off cycling on their own (like on Windstar ships).

37 minutes ago, screen-gem said:

A very nice gesture. Though I was hoping the bikes were still on board the Pursuit and could be made available to guests who wanted to borrow them and go off cycling on their own (like on Windstar ships).

Yes that was our hope - thats what river cruises do as well, you can take them any time there is not an official bike excursion.  however a nice gesture that is going to bring a lot of joy

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Our Pursuit Hotel Director Ryzsard sent us this message today:

“We have donated our Azamara bikes to kid's shelter in Mindelo, Cape Verde. We have made their day!”

95A273F6-F6EC-4214-9D75-573A43B756A0.jpeg

Hooray!  I am happy to see some potential use for those bikes (and I like the painting center front row - nice!) and wish miles of happy cycling for the recipients.  A good move on Azamara's part, if pax are to be denied use.  However, I did note that cycling excursions remain available on some Alaska sailings.  Is the bike ban fleetwide, or piece meal, I wonder?