Oasis Class my take on reservations??

I will let you decide do those little guns that scan the barcode on your sea pass really work??

Back in January, I purchased the key, when one benefit was no reservations needed for shows. I was going on the Oasis March 3rd.  Then a few weeks later, around the 1st of February, they announced yes you do need reservations. All of the times i had wanted were already not available, so I decided to cancel my purchase of the key and just wing it.

Fast forward to cruise time. 1st night was the ice show, So knowing we had no reservations I went to the lady scanning and said, I'm sure I don't have reservations, but could you check anyway. She then promptly said no sorry, and directed me to the stand by line. That was fine and we were let in eventually with plenty of seats still available.

Now next night Aqua show, this time I didn't ask, just let them scan my card, they said thank you and proceeded to my husbands card, and away we went. 

This went on for every show, we even saw the ice show 2 times. Though we did not go the comedy only the ice, diving, Come fly with me and head liner. 

So in conclusion, since we are only diamond not pinnacle and we were not in a suite only balcony, I have to wonder do those machines really connect to anything??

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You sure it's not bluetooth 

You're right, it could be.  Either way, the system is flawed or they intentionally charge people for towels.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You're right, it could be.  Either way, the system is flawed or they intentionally charge people for towels.

The towel system is flawed because it's a two step process. Operator still has to manually enter a number either in or out. They should probably use RFID tags in the towel. Then they would scan the card and the towels

47 minutes ago, islandwannabee said:

I will let you decide do those little guns that scan the barcode on your sea pass really work??

Back in January, I purchased the key, when one benefit was no reservations needed for shows. I was going on the Oasis March 3rd.  Then a few weeks later, around the 1st of February, they announced yes you do need reservations. All of the times i had wanted were already not available, so I decided to cancel my purchase of the key and just wing it.

Fast forward to cruise time. 1st night was the ice show, So knowing we had no reservations I went to the lady scanning and said, I'm sure I don't have reservations, but could you check anyway. She then promptly said no sorry, and directed me to the stand by line. That was fine and we were let in eventually with plenty of seats still available.

Now next night Aqua show, this time I didn't ask, just let them scan my card, they said thank you and proceeded to my husbands card, and away we went. 

This went on for every show, we even saw the ice show 2 times. Though we did not go the comedy only the ice, diving, Come fly with me and head liner. 

So in conclusion, since we are only diamond not pinnacle and we were not in a suite only balcony, I have to wonder do those machines really connect to anything??

This is what we found on Oasis and Allure also.  When they scan your sea pass it seems to only look for a reservation, not for a day or time. 

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've seen the scanners at the shows reject people, usually Aqua Theater.  The comedy club uses a print out

I was rejected at one of the venues, but that was when I gave them the wrong sea pass card.  That was on the Harmony cruise that I received so many sea pass cards in their attempt to straighten out my account, when they suddenly lost my booking when I got to ship checkin.  Giving them the card I was to use for show reservations worked okay then.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, islandwannabee said:

It is the towel scam all over again!🙄