Juneau Store hours in July

Montykins

Our ship arrives at 2:30pm and leaves at 11:00pm and our excursion goes from 2:45 to 8:30pm.  Does anyone know what time the stores usually close?  We would love to get some shopping in before we leave but not sure if anything will be open.  Thanks!

On 3/25/2019 at 12:34 AM, Crew News said:

The Glacier Smoothie Soap on the pier store opens at 10:00 AM and closes at 6:00 PM so you will miss their amazing handmade glacier silt soap.

However, last time I was in Juneau, they were closed (Sunday).  In a short cruising season, it makes no business sense to me to be closed on any day of the week.

Edited by quack2

1 hour ago, quack2 said:

However, last time I was in Juneau, they were closed (Sunday).  In a short cruising season, it makes no business sense to me to be closed on any day of the week.

The current owner's husband died several years ago and as a Mormon minister family, the store has never been open on Sundays.  I have been purchasing soap at the Glacier Smoothie shop every year since 2008 and really respect the resolve it took to keep the small shop open for so long.

11 hours ago, Crew News said:

The current owner's husband died several years ago and as a Mormon minister family, the store has never been open on Sundays.  I have been purchasing soap at the Glacier Smoothie shop every year since 2008 and really respect the resolve it took to keep the small shop open for so long.

Thanks for the background.