Edge March 24 Sailing

Sandy1975

Hi everyone, I am currently on Edge and I thought maybe I could share my experience on real time. This is not meant to a live on type post because I am not sure I can commit to that. I will however try to post as much as I can. I will do a review when I return. 

This is my first time in Aqua and all I can say is Wow, I love it. I know it is only the beginning of day 2 but I don't think I can go back to standard class. Dinner and breakfast at Blu has exceeded my expectations so far in terms of service! I am now enjoying a semi quiet time in one of the thermal beds.

I love the location of my room and I really like the IV.  I was concerned about my husband's reaction to it but his first thoughts after seating in the veranda was that he prefers it to a traditional balcony and I do too. It makes the room bigger and in days like today, it is nice to sit there and have a clear view of the water without getting wet. Lowering the IV is a bit loud but it doesn't bother us.

I am not sure how full the ship is but it doesn't feel crowded at at all. Martini bar is crowded but we haven't spent much time there so far. Most of time was at the Eden Bar. Drinks are good for what we like but you need to watch out for substitutions (well instead of premium brand. This happened to me and for now I will just assume it was an honest mistake). 

We had a comedian lastnight and we liked him but I feel he was edgy and could had offended some people. We thought he was funny.

I will post more later as we experience more of the ship. 

One more thing, no smells so far...

Edited by Sandy1975
Grammar
  • Like 2

This sailing is all about relaxing so will not running around too much (except my workouts that I want to get in as much as I can). Sitting at tge Martini bar enjoying a decent Champagne (premium) package and listening to Michael Redding. We have had him on other cruises and always enjoy his soft music. 

I like it when the Martini Bar is not too crowded. Johannes is giving us excellent service!

12 minutes ago, mkolbicka said:

So good to read such a positive review of your first day. We are on the TA next month and with all the negatives have been a bit nervous.  We, too, are in the Aqua Class.  Thanks again

I also was pretty nervous about it and considered a few times cancelling but prices got so out of hand that we thought to take a chance and form our own opinion. So far I am glad we did.

Day 3 in Puerto Rico! We didn't do much. Walked around tge town for a kittle and came back to the ship. Service continues to be pretty top notch and food at Blu is great. Entertainment iis Ik, lots of live music throughout the day. Shows in the theater seem to be going back to be singing heavy (tonight is Motown and tomorrow early Rock n Roll show). We don't care for that type of show so we are skipping tonight and will skip tomorrow. I still don't smell sewage when I am on Sunset bar or around RTG (i smelled something similar to sewage smell at the Embassy suites while walking outside and waiting for my Lift ride and thereis nothing similar to that ).  I also asked my husband and he hasn't noticed anything.

Tomorrow is Tortola and we are doing one of the excursions!

Hi Sandy!  So glad you are having a good time!  Sounds like Blu and the Spa are wonderful. I hope that you have been trying out every bar and toasting the rest of us left behind. 🙂

What's your favorite thing on the ship so far?  Have you visited the Edenists? Can't wait to hear more....🙂

16 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Hi Sandy!  So glad you are having a good time!  Sounds like Blu and the Spa are wonderful. I hope that you have been trying out every bar and toasting the rest of us left behind. 🙂

What's your favorite thing on the ship so far?  Have you visited the Edenists? Can't wait to hear more....🙂

I am really enjoying Eden. It is our go to place. We haven't done or plan on doing dinner here but like the ambiance day and night! 

14 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

I am really enjoying Eden. It is our go to place. We haven't done or plan on doing dinner here but like the ambiance day and night! 

Any incense? Is the Eden show every night? Have you met Kronos? He is the poor misunderstood guy with the black skirt-like outfit.

Have fun!! 🙂

Sandy

Glad you  are loving your AQ Class experience and the IV...we did too.

Hope you can try the thermal suite and relaxation room...we only went once and regret it..The week flew by!

Loved Tortola...as always. Hope you do too!

Hcat

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Any incense? Is the Eden show every night? Have you met Kronos? He is the poor misunderstood guy with the black skirt-like outfit.

Have fun!! 🙂

Yes, incense smell yesterday started at 730, very strong but went away as the night went on. I met bloom, Kronos I only saw him during the revelations show. 

Some guitar (maybe the sittar) starting now. 

Edit to say that Kronos is in the house!

Edited by Sandy1975
  • Like 1