What are the chances of changing my Cagney's reservation time once we board?

01Sweetpea

We booked a May 2019 sailing on the Escape last week and made our reservations for specialty dining.  The only reservation we could get for 2 people for Cagney's was 5:30pm on Thursday when we are in Bermuda.  What are the chances of switching the time to 7:30ish once we get on board? 

That really depends on what time you board and how quickly you get to the restaurant on Deck 6 (or other restaurant reservation spots throughout the ship) to change your reservation.  The sooner you do it the better.  They reserve time slots for embarkation day so all of the good times have not been booked.  If you do it early, your chances are very good.

Edited by CherWolf
added last line

You shouldn't have a problem as long as you do it shortly after boarding. They will have a desk set up outside Le Bistro on Deck 6 where people can make new reservations and change existing ones. I was able to change all my reservations from 2 people to 4 people with no issue upon boarding the Escape back in October. They only make 25-30% of the "inventory" available for online bookings ahead of time. So there are still plenty of free times as long as you book early once on board. They do fill up pretty fast though, so don't put it off until later in the evening or anything.

On my recent DAWN trip the restaurant reservation desk was closed in the Atrium - there was signage

directing you to go to the Bamboo restaurant where there were 5 agents taking changing reservations.

No waiting in and out in a few minutes. Best that you have your shore excursions dinner show times all

in hand to book the coordinating dining time that fits.

If booking early online and unable to get the exact times - book something close and make the changes

on board. At least you will have something if all else fails. Teppanyaki and Cagney's are the prime bookings

on most cruises the others are lessor so be flexible switching nights and restaurants if necessary.