Canvas photos on the cruise

notredamegirl

You might want to check into just buying the photo and getting it reproduced on canvas say at, like Shutterfly.  Might be cheaper.  I know they always run sales and free ship.

Here's the link to the photo release, and it also addresses how a metal pic would be shipped.  Assume it would be the same for canvas.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3679/~/pixels-photo-gallery-and-dreams-studio-post-cruise-inquiries

I think we paid $59.95 for the canvas print and we received the 8x10 along with it. The print was delivered in a cardboard tube and we just packed it. We haven't gotten it framed yet but it will need a custom frame so that will be a couple hundred dollars.

46 minutes ago, cruisin*tigger said:

You might want to check into just buying the photo and getting it reproduced on canvas say at, like Shutterfly.  Might be cheaper.  I know they always run sales and free ship.

Here's the link to the photo release, and it also addresses how a metal pic would be shipped.  Assume it would be the same for canvas.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3679/~/pixels-photo-gallery-and-dreams-studio-post-cruise-inquiries

It sounds like they're wanting to get the package. It's $99 and comes with a few 8x10s and the canvas. 

8 hours ago, notredamegirl said:

Thanks. Do you think it was worth buying the package?

I do, even if the framing were to set us back a couple of hundred. Now that I know that it's as little as a hundred, definitely. 

8 hours ago, Skip36 said:

We bought the package last year. The canvas comes in a cardboard tube. The framing for our canvas just a hair over $100 dollars at Hobby Lobby.

Thanks! I even know where a Hobby Lobby is😊.

The $99 package is a good deal. The canvas will be in a tube so it will be easy to carry off. Last year we got a package for $199 and was able to get every single picture that was taken. I guess Carnival realized pretty quickly that they lost money on that package. We are getting the $99 package for next cruise.

We did it for the first time a few years ago. Like others have already said, it's in a tube, so easy to transport. And I got ours framed at Michael's. They often have framing sales going on there, so I didn't have to pay a fortune. But I still wanted it to look nice, since it's in our living room.

11 minutes ago, Greg901 said:

We have a family reunion  of 18 on  the conquest in 7 cabins would someone in each cabin have to buy the package  if we wanted to get  family photos taken

Thanks

You don't have to buy a package. You all pose for as many pictures as you want and buy whichever ones you want. I believe the 8x10's sell for around $25. (If more than one of you in the party wants to buy the same pose you may have them make a copy.)

Edited by sparks1093