Suggestion for ft laud hotel with car rental on-site

ChickenOfTheC

For our upcoming  cruise in October, we are staying an extra night post cruise. We thought about renting a car for the day by using one of the car rental shuttles from the port and, ideally, returning it at a local hotel. Any suggestions as to which hotels have car returns on-site?

A little reading around the board would be helpful. There are no car rental sites actually in the port. They are are all outside the port. There are threads here with maps. I can tell you from experience Hertz is in the Crown Plaza Hotel right outside the 24th St gate. There are others very close, or at hotels on the 17th St side.

Car rental shuttles pass by the terminals for passenger pick ups. They will transport customers to locations very close to Port Everglades right outside of the port. I think the Alamo location on Eller Drive is the closest location. There are absolutely no shuttle service from Port Everglades back  to Hollywood/ Fort Lauderdale International Airport. That service was discontinued a few years ago. When I personally rent a vehicle after a Port Everglades cruise I normally grab a cab for the short ten minute ride back to FLL. At FLL the Rental Car Center is open twenty four hours a day seven days a week with all the major rental car companies. They always have plenty of inventory available and in most cases very reasonable rates.

1 hour ago, Corby114 said:

Car rental shuttles pass by the terminals for passenger pick ups. They will transport customers to locations very close to Port Everglades right outside of the port. I think the Alamo location on Eller Drive is the closest location. There are absolutely no shuttle service from Port Everglades back  to Hollywood/ Fort Lauderdale International Airport. That service was discontinued a few years ago. When I personally rent a vehicle after a Port Everglades cruise I normally grab a cab for the short ten minute ride back to FLL. At FLL the Rental Car Center is open twenty four hours a day seven days a week with all the major rental car companies. They always have plenty of inventory available and in most cases very reasonable rates.

Actually the closest car rental agency just out side the main Port Everglades gate is Thrifty/Dollar and they have a quick easy free shuttle.

Best prices for car rentals we've found is booking through Costco.