Cruise ends in Barcelona

aaalynn1

Wondering some logistics to ending our cruise in Barcelona.  We will have already spent a few days here before our cruise and would like to fly back home after we disembark. I gather booking a taxi from the cruise port to the Airport is best?  Im wondering what time I should book our flight home, and how long it will take to get to the Airport and through security?  We arrive in port at 5am, but disembark at the earliest 7am on a Sunday. Any thoughts are appreciated!

We carried our own luggage off the ship. We were allowed to leave shortly after 6 am. Taxis were already lined up. Fare was €39 from the port to the airport. We had a 10:30 flight and we had plenty of time to make the flight.

Now the VAT tax refund line was very long. So if you plan to make large purchases and you want to get the 21% VAT refunded, I would add 1-2 hours to your airport time. So real early flights maybe out of the question if VAT tax refund comes into play. 

It was nice getting off the ship early. No crowds anywhere. And carrying off your own luggage was a breeze. 

• Like 2

Personally, I would not worry about pre-booking any taxi.  The taxi line in Barcelona is well run, efficient and moves quickly.  As mentioned above, if you're off the ship early, the line is even shorter.  I think we were at the airport and thru security by 10:30 or so, but our flight wasn't until after 1pm, if I recall.   However, my anxieties would not have me booking a flight before noon or 1pm, just in case.

• Like 1

Don't mean to hijack the thread but we are disembarking off the Epic in September and want to take the 9:30 high speed train to Paris.  The booking window opens in about a month and the tickets are non-refundable.   The next train is 4 hours later.  Any thoughts?

On 4/2/2019 at 10:56 PM, ejnsb said:

Don't mean to hijack the thread but we are disembarking off the Epic in September and want to take the 9:30 high speed train to Paris.  The booking window opens in about a month and the tickets are non-refundable.   The next train is 4 hours later.  Any thoughts?

We took a cab to the train station to pick up a hire car. It was much further than I thought.  Assuming you are off the ship and in the cab by 8.00 you should be at the Sants station by 8.40.  Allow at least 30mins for the trip or longer if in rush hour (workday)