Tours

I am wondering if someone can confirm that this is a great company. I am trying to book 3 tours :

• 2 day St. Petersburg Grand Tour (max 16 people)
• 5,5 hour Tallinn Grand Tour (max 26 people)
• 5 hour Best of Helsinki and Seurasaari Tour (max 26 people)

4 minutes ago, Marisol Merino said:

I am wondering if someone can confirm that this is a great company. I am trying to book 3 tours :

• 2 day St. Petersburg Grand Tour (max 16 people)
• 5,5 hour Tallinn Grand Tour (max 26 people)
• 5 hour Best of Helsinki and Seurasaari Tour (max 26 people)

What is the name of the tour company? The major independent tour companies in St. Petersburg are highly regarded. You can check TripAdvisor and Cruise Critic for reviews. We booked with Alla Tours in the past and her tours are excellent (she is rated #1 on TripAdvisor). Regardless of with whom you book, I am fairly sure that you will have a wonderful tour.

We may be able to help, if we knew which agency you were talking about Marisol Merino. We also booked with  Anastasia's Travel, for St. Petersburg, Stockholm and Berlin, but they do tours in almost all Baltic ports. Let us know more about what you want and need, so we can give you better answers.

You should do a private tour in St. Petersburg, and there are many highly regarded companies that can provide this service.  It is entirely optional as to whether you'd like to do a tour in Tallinn or Helsinki, as people love to wander around the old town of Tallinn, and the 2/3 tram in Helsinki actually goes to most of the highlights for tourists.  Both cities were extremely easy to tour independently, and we had a 3.5 year old in tow.

10 minutes ago, Marisol Merino said:

AllaTours!  Thank you all.

I have toured with Alla several times - her tours are excellent. Additionally, she is rated #1 on TripAdvisor - you can't do any better than number one! 😁

As stated in my previous post, all of the top tier independent companies receive good reviews - people are usually happy with whomever they choose to book (these cruisers usually have experience with only one company so there is no basis for comparison).

Edited by dogs4fun
  • Thanks 1

We've toured with Alla.

Excellent.

But if you ask about any other St Petersburg tour operator, you'll get the same reply..

For elsewhere in the world it's important to know which tour operators to avoid.

But for St Petersburg if you choose by pulling a name out of a hat or by throwing a dice I'm confident you'll get a great tour. :classic_smile:

I'll agree with kitkat that you really don't need a tour in Tallinn, best to wander the old town yourself. 

Helsinki perhaps, though the sights are easily accessed by tram

JB :classic_smile: