Princess dock in Crete- Chania or Souda Bay dock?

Moxiefurball

I'm pretty certain it will dock at Souda.  My Royal Caribbean itinerary showed the stop as Chania, but indeed docked in Souda.  As far as I remember seeing on Cruise Critic, all references to stopping in Chania actually dock in Souda.  I've never seen any reports that the Chania harbor/port is equipped for cruise ships.

There is no "dock" at Souda. A few smaller ships have been known to anchor just outside the Venetian harbor and tender passengers into Chania, but the majority of ships dock at the Souda facility, from which it is a short ride by shuttle or local bus into Chania. (Too far to walk, really, but not far by car or coach.)

I've visited this port three times on a smaller ship (350 pax) and all three times we were at Souda. I cannot imagine that a ship as large as Emerald Princess would tender into Chania.

If there is no “dock” in Souda how do you cruusemom go on to day you’ve been to this port 3x and you were at Souda.?

never mind, as Princess told me it’s Bay of Souda where Emersld Princess will disembark , or tender or oh my “dock “

53 minutes ago, Moxiefurball said:

If there is no “dock” in Souda how do you cruusemom go on to day you’ve been to this port 3x and you were at Souda.?

never mind, as Princess told me it’s Bay of Souda where Emersld Princess will disembark , or tender or oh my “dock “

Sorry, the error is mine -- I meant to say there is no dock in Chania.  Mea culpa.