Cabins 1400 & 1700 on Freedom

I've never sailed on a Freedom class ship. I'm looking for some input on these two cabins. On the deck plans they look odd shaped. How does that affect the layout of the cabin? What is the balcony like? Is it very large like similar locations on Voyager class ships? Does anyone have pictures of either the cabin or the balcony?

Edited by cruiseguy1016

26 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I've never sailed on a Freedom class ship. I'm looking for some input on these two cabins. On the deck plans they look odd shaped. How does that affect the layout of the cabin? What is the balcony like? Is it very large like similar locations on Voyager class ships? Does anyone have pictures of either the cabin or the balcony?

Those are excellent cabins.....junior suite size, for a balcony price!  Yes, you get a larger balcony with great aft views.  Bathroom is still regular cabin size, but still nice to have the extra room in the cabin and on the balcony!

28 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

https://youtu.be/uojdkIxKowY

Just now, cruiseguy1016 said:

Ahaaa. So this is one of the infamous "Stripper Pole" cabins? Thank you for posting the link. It was very helpful in answering my questions about this cabin.

That is what I always tell my wife when we are able to get one those cabins!!  Bring some glitter!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

That is what I always tell my wife when we are able to get one those cabins!!  Bring some glitter!!

Bring some glitter.  Lol  Always hated the glitter.

• Haha 1

I've been in 1700 on Liberty, and have both 1700 & 1400 booked for an upcoming cruise on Liberty. The infamous "Stripper Pole" cabins are the best value onboard. Aside from a small corner that is at an angle, they're the same size as a JS. Huge balcony, with 2 tables, chairs & loungers, along with plenty of space to move about. Book 'em! You won't be disappointed!

2 minutes ago, IndyCapt said:

Do they ever allow just 2 people to book these rooms or do they require at least 3 people?...

They're supposed to booked with 3 guests, but your travel agent might be able to work around that. I know mine can.....

8 minutes ago, WildWillie said:

They're supposed to booked with 3 guests, but your travel agent might be able to work around that. I know mine can.....

ok, thanks...I'll keep that in mind in the future.

9 hours ago, IndyCapt said:

Do they ever allow just 2 people to book these rooms or do they require at least 3 people?...

It's supposed to be 3 but there are ways around that. Just be careful when you do this. There have been reports here of people booking with only 2 people and then having RCI move them later to another cabin when someone else wants to book with three

33 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

We have booked them a few times with just 2 and never had a problem

Just curious, how long ago? RCI's policy has changed in the last year or so. We used to be able to book two people in these cabins with no problems. RCI now requires that 3 people be booked in a 3 berth cabin, up until a certain time before sail date, of course.

6 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Just curious, how long ago? RCI's policy has changed in the last year or so. We used to be able to book two people in these cabins with no problems. RCI now requires that 3 people be booked in a 3 berth cabin, up until a certain time before sail date, of course.

Most recently booked 3 months ago for a cruise next year.

1 hour ago, JBSteelerfan said:

We have booked them a few times with just 2 and never had a problem

I booked with two but it was inside the 90 day window so that might have been the reason it was allowed.