Another Drinks on Us clarification thread.

JoeFo44

Sorry I promise I tried to find my answers by reading through the forums...

I am scheduled to go on Seaside July 6th with my family. When we booked we got the free Drinks on Us. We called a few months ago when all the drink packages changed and we're told that we would be switched to the Easy package. All of our booking info still says drinks on us and I called about something else today and randomly asked about the drink packages again. The rep today told me that we would still get the Drinks on Us package. I know there isn't a huge difference between the two but I just want to know for sure. Has anyone cruised with this experience here? What happened on your cruise? I have about a million more questions but I'll hold back. Haha. Thanks in advance. 

If you booked with Drinks On Us that is what you will have when you sail.  It is possible to switch to Easy if you specifically call in before final payment date, it usually requires cancelling and re-booking.  Unless you drink a lot I think it is better to have DOU and pay the 15% gratuity per drink, as DOU has slightly better offerings than the Easy package.  Others may feel differently.

Thanks for that.  Does anyone know if the current "premium" package includes the things that the all-in deluxe used to?  The current PDFs on the website don't mention it.  The old PDF was 4 pages long comparing the indiviual liquors between packages as well as the "other" stuff (milkshakes, coffees, smoothies, etc).  I haven't been able to find a good comparison like that with the new packages aside from the 1 page PDF on the website that Ate' posted above.  The reason I'm asking is that I just had a rep from MSC tell me that the Premium includes everything that the All-in Deluxe used to and Premium Plus basically just adds the minibar in the cabin.  Before i shell out $1000 to upgrade all the adults in my party i would really like to know for sure.  MSC couldn't provide me with anything written aside from the same 1 page pdf.

The old Deluxe included the mini-bar, gelato, sundaes on the pool deck (and in the Piazzetta areas on deck 6 of Fantasia-class ships) and food from the room service menu.  The Premium package doesn't cover any of these!

20 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The old Deluxe included the mini-bar, gelato, sundaes on the pool deck (and in the Piazzetta areas on deck 6 of Fantasia-class ships) and food from the room service menu.  The Premium package doesn't cover any of these!

I had a feeling.  Its so frustrating how I get a different answer from MSC every time i ask.

23 hours ago, JoeFo44 said:

Sorry I promise I tried to find my answers by reading through the forums...

I am scheduled to go on Seaside July 6th with my family. When we booked we got the free Drinks on Us. We called a few months ago when all the drink packages changed and we're told that we would be switched to the Easy package. All of our booking info still says drinks on us and I called about something else today and randomly asked about the drink packages again. The rep today told me that we would still get the Drinks on Us package. I know there isn't a huge difference between the two but I just want to know for sure. Has anyone cruised with this experience here? What happened on your cruise? I have about a million more questions but I'll hold back. Haha. Thanks in advance. 

Her is a photo from last week, all the differences between the PrePaid and the On-Board packages.

20190324_105012.jpg

20190324_105016.jpg

20190324_105019.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jadmiral said:

Her is a photo from last week, all the differences between the PrePaid and the On-Board packages.

20190324_105012.jpg

20190324_105016.jpg

20190324_105019.jpg

Thanks so much for this!!! And for all the replies in the thread everyone.  Thanks.

BTW we got along great with the Drinks On Us and have booked All-In for November 2019 and February 2020 and although service charge with DOU was minimal we are looking forward to All-In with no additional costs. 

I have purchased the Easy package for our April sailing. Bummed to see that it doesn’t cover Lava Flow and other fun drinks. I read on a thread that someone purchased a “virgin” drink and also a shot of rum separately. Just mixed them upon arrival. Any thoughts or experience? I just can’t justify the cost of the upgrade.

Edited by goosemay
  • Like 1