Just off Enchantment 5-night - Questions???

imsmilin

Had a great trip although the weather was sketchy we made the best of it and it was probably more fun than if had great weather! Was in Stateroom 7586, with Balcony view. I will try to answer any questions I can. We did not have children with us.:)

Generally clean, dated colors and schemes in the staterooms but nothing that affected our comfort. Exterior looked in good condition before we left, however there was a lot of marks left around the tender platforms from very high winds slamming the tendors against the ship on 2 different days. We were not disappointed as we had heard some negative postings on this board about it. It's not the QE2, but was worth the price we spent. Have a great cruise!!

We will be on the Enchantment Dec 23-28. Is the Formal Night the second night? Did they have lobster that night? Is there any food that you would recommend. What kind of food did they serve in the Windjammer. The safe in the cabin, did you program your own code or did you swipe a magnetic card.

Were the pools salt water or fresh.

Pools aren't huge, but now there are several choices.

Cozumel in my opinion was a wreck. Devastation was all around and everything is under construction as far as the eye could see FROM THE SHIP! We actually did not have chance to even to into Cozumel due to a poorly run shore excursion (Dolphin Encounter). First we were out on a 40 minute tender ride, that no one expected. We all thought we were going into Cozumel first. Anyway, the seas were bad, people were filling up little purple bags all over the place and one woman passed out as was taken off later by stretcher. They actually took us to Playa Del Carmen which was still in ruins. We got back from this very disorganized tour only in time to land at the Cozumel pier and walk right over to the last tender going back to the ship.

We will be on the Enchantment Dec 23-28. Is the Formal Night the second night? Did they have lobster that night? Is there any food that you would recommend. What kind of food did they serve in the Windjammer. The safe in the cabin, did you program your own code or did you swipe a magnetic card.

Were the pools salt water or fresh.

Yes Formal night was 2nd night (Tues). Lobster was on 4th night (Thurs) We loved CHOPS, well worth the $20 per person, but don't forget to add your tip for these waiters. We actually liked the Windjammer better than My Fair Lady. Our waiter was not as good as most and although the food was generally good in My Fair Lady, some of our steaks were either poorly cooked or rather grissly. Windjammer had TONS of salads, soups, and fruit. Had someone carving turkey or pork roast at night ham in the a.m. There was rice dishes, potato dishes and a pasta bar where you chose your own pasta and sauce. Lunch and breakfast were also good. Plenty of choices. Also, the Solarium had good burgers. The safe was accessed by using a credit card, I beleive you could also use your SeaPass Card to enter, but we never did try it.

There were both fresh and salt water pools. It was to cold for me to actually use the pools.

How many formal nights were there?? We are going on the Enchantment December 18-23 for Cruise Critics Group Sailing. There are a bunch of us already booked and the party has started. If your interested feel free to jump over to the Group Boards and check us out. :)

Misty

Yes, there were people in suits sunning near the outdoor pools. Not a lot in the water and if I remember correctly someone said the pools were not heated...could be why there wasn't a lot of people in them. The hot tubs seemed to always have children in them :rolleyes: and they were filled to the brink or might have tried them. We did have sun on a couple of days, I would still plan on taking your swimming suits!

As far as number of "formal" nights...one officially but everyone still seems to dress up in My Fair Lady to some degree.

I am so envious that you are leaving in a few weeks...I was ready to turn around and do it again! As far as the December group, thanks for the offer! Am thinking of another one next Jan or Feb!

I'm sorry, I don't really remember the themes. We only at in the dining room three nights, once in Chops and the other in the Windjammer. I'm also not a good person to be able to tell you what was on the menu...I am gluten intolerant and mostly had steak. My husband was just telling our son that if rating the food in the dining room, he would rate them as follows: (keep in mind he is a very finicky person about his food and is also the one who does most of the cooking in our house!)

Scale of 1-10:

My Fair Lady - 6

The Windjameer - 8+

Room Service - 2 (it was always cold)

Solarium Pizza and Burgers - 7

Hope this helps!

We did the Dolphin Encounter on the Cozumel stop, which I would not recommend to anyone and the Land Rover trip in Belize which was one of the best days we had!!

We didn't do a shore excursion. Walk around on Duval Street then rented a scooter and drove around. It was fun, but I've heard the scooters can also be a bit sketchy!

What did you do while at Key West? Any recomendations?;)

We rented a jetski and did a tour around the island. It was fun. You can pick it up right there on the same dock as the ship. You can also rent them by the hour and go wherever you want to. Afterwards, we walked down Duvall Street and back to the ship. I did find it amusing that one couple was WALKING to the ship at 1:55pm when the ship leaves at 2:00pm. They were really lucky the ship left Key West dock 20 minutes late.

Imsmilin, I was on the ship the week before you and I mentioned on here what a wreck Cozumel was and the tendering was a disaster with people screaming with fear. Thanks for the confirmation as the usual team of people attacked what I had written.

Archived