Bar service Suite Lounge Harmony

I have read conflicting reports about this. I have read there is beer and wine service 11-11. Also free drinks 5:00-8:30. Can you purchase drinks and pay for them during anytime they are open during the day or are drinks only available in the evening?  If not where is the closest bar if your cabin is on deck 17? Thank you 

I've never been on Harmony (going in Sep), but you can on Oasis and Allure, so I assume the same with Harmony.  If the Suite Lounge Bar is open you can purchase a drink.  If you have the Drink Package, you can also use it at the Suite Lounge Bar. 

I believe there's also a bar in the Windjammer,  one deck below.  

Edited by papaflamingo

The suite lounge has a full bar available for purchase 11a-11p. Soda and bottled water available for free all day. Cocktail hour from 5-830 with select cocktails/beer/wine for free. 

As far as free beer/wine all day, YMMV. When I was onboard last April, there was no free beer/wine all day. Some have said there is. It could be either way when you get onboard. 

We were on Harmony last year and had no issue getting complimentary beer and wine when the SL was open. 

They will accept the drink package for any eligible drink when open.  They don't have a blender, so no blended drinks available.

Edited by Foodluvr
  • Like 1

I’ve never understood why this answer is always different... we were in the suite lounge in allure about 7 months ago and we got free liquor, wine and beer all day.. some people said they haven’t. So I have no idea if it just depends on the sailing. I’m hoping when we go on harmony this year it’s this way!

Yes, RCCL does say free beer and wine from 11-11. So from everything I have read that will happen. I was just wondering if you could purchase alcoholic drinks during those hours outside of the 5:00-8:30 period. Since our cabin is on 17 and we have the drink pkg. it would be nice to just go there when we wanted.  From responses I have gotten it looks like there are bartenders there and we can.  To me that is great. We are going in Sept so if you are sailing after I will let you know. 

16 minutes ago, mariefisher said:

Yes, RCCL does say free beer and wine from 11-11. So from everything I have read that will happen. I was just wondering if you could purchase alcoholic drinks during those hours outside of the 5:00-8:30 period. Since our cabin is on 17 and we have the drink pkg. it would be nice to just go there when we wanted.  From responses I have gotten it looks like there are bartenders there and we can.  To me that is great. We are going in Sept so if you are sailing after I will let you know. 

When the bartenders are there, you can buy whatever drink you wish! Just know, they don't have any blenders so they can't make any blended drinks. But they will be happy to make you anything else and you can use your drink package.

• Like 1

Why can't something so simple as a blender be available for guests to have a blended drink, especially during a Caribbean sailing? Seems especially strange that it is not in a Suite lounge where people are paying premium prices to be in suites. Just curious. 

12 minutes ago, mariefisher said:

I think probably the noise factor with Coastal Kitchen being right there. Plus it really slows down the bartenders. I am not sure about this but it makes sense. 

I think its noise. 

Upscale bars and restaurants make it work. They use professional blenders like Blendtec and Vitamix that are significantly less noisy than a basic blender. I am more of a wine and martini girl myself but a cruise ship is the one place where I would want a blended drink. We are in a suite on deck 17 next year, sailing with Royal for the first time so things like this are interesting. 

9 minutes ago, ashleyriley said:

Upscale bars and restaurants make it work. They use professional blenders like Blendtec and Vitamix that are significantly less noisy than a basic blender. I am more of a wine and martini girl myself but a cruise ship is the one place where I would want a blended drink. We are in a suite on deck 17 next year, sailing with Royal for the first time so things like this are interesting. 

Harmony bar is about 10 feet from a group if tables in CK.  On Oasis it's further from CK, but about 10 feet from Chef's Table. Plenty of separation on Allure.