Royal Caribbean Shore Excursion Sale

So I canceled and rebooked my Alaskan excursions again today.  I previously posted how both of my purchased excursions had disappeared from the 50 options.  I assumed they were sold out. Today they both showed up again and at a deeper discount than before.  The first price drop saved me $108 for 4 of us.  Today I took another $96 off. So it did pay to keep checking every day.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:30 PM, calgal729 said:

Just a heads up, RC is currently running a promotion on its shore excursions.  If you previously booked an excursion for your upcoming cruise, you might want to check and see if yours is now on sale.  If the price dropped, you can call and rebook it at the new rate; its a pain to have to cancel and rebook, but it saved us 23%.

I was actually going to post a new thread on the incredible savings we had overall just by canceling out our med excursions. We saved well over $300 altogether. I will rebook tomorrow.

On 4/11/2019 at 5:16 AM, Jeanette21 said:

I am a first time cruiser and booked our Norwegian Fjords cruise with Royal Caribbean over a year ago.  I have been adding and paying for things as they have come up.  Now, I am being advised to cancel and rebook things to save money!  Is it just me, or does anyone else find this infuriating?  Does this happen with other cruise lines?    

I never find awesome money-saving advice "infuriating" whatsoever.

• Like 1

Jeanette,

Don't be discouraged by the cruise planning process and the crazy price fluctuations the cruise lines subject us to, I promise it will be worth it!  I can see why a first timer would get frustrated, but I predict you will have a fantastic time on your cruise, and you'll be back on these boards planning your next cruise and giving us lots of good tips and advice -- that's why I love these CC boards :)   Over the years, I have gained so much valuable info and advice from fellow cruisers.

BTW, I have been on 14 cruises, and yes, this happens on every single cruise line, except the one river cruise I took on AmaWaterways.     

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, calgal729 said:

Jeanette,

Don't be discouraged by the cruise planning process and the crazy price fluctuations the cruise lines subject us to, I promise it will be worth it!  I can see why a first timer would get frustrated, but I predict you will have a fantastic time on your cruise, and you'll be back on these boards planning your next cruise and giving us lots of good tips and advice -- that's why I love these CC boards 🙂   Over the years, I have gained so much valuable info and advice from fellow cruisers.

BTW, I have been on 14 cruises, and yes, this happens on every single cruise line, except the one river cruise I took on AmaWaterways.     

Thank you so much for that calgal729!  I am sat here in the early morning trying to work out how to edit or delete my comment!  Actually, trying to work out how to leave the site completely because of some of the "unpleasant" remarks I have received in reaction to my comment.  Thank you for your advice and information regarding other cruise lines. I will hang around, because (apart from this last few days) we have gathered lots of information about cruising. Happy Travels! 😎

4 hours ago, johnjen said:

I never find awesome money-saving advice "infuriating" whatsoever.

Not sure how many times I will need to apologise for my misunderstood comment.  As I said previously, my infuration is purely with Royal Caribbean and the fact they seem to have these "sales" almost constantly.  I most certainly do not have a problem with another member of this group. I am a new cruiser and find the whole thing very confusing.  Thank you johnjen for your "useful" advice.  I would have thought a cruiser with your obvious cruising experience (2671 posts!)  would have been more understanding.  I am sure that you were once a new cruiser and bemused by the whole thing too. Regards Jeanette

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeanette21 said:

Thank you so much for that calgal729!  I am sat here in the early morning trying to work out how to edit or delete my comment!  Actually, trying to work out how to leave the site completely because of some of the "unpleasant" remarks I have received in reaction to my comment.  Thank you for your advice and information regarding other cruise lines. I will hang around, because (apart from this last few days) we have gathered lots of information about cruising. Happy Travels! 😎

Jeanette

I didn't find anything you posted offensive. No need to keep apologizing.  All of these boards have their one cruise line loyalty members who take offense at the slightest dig to to their favorite cruise line. Trust me I have been on these boards for almost 11yrs and I have taken some hits from the members of the Royal Caribbean board because I posted some negative remarks about their baby. Some Aussie publicly stated that he was blocking me and suggested that other do the same.  My thought was good!  I must have struck a nerve. We all have a right to our own feelings and opinions and I happen to agree with you. I think the ones who defend the line the most actually work for the cruise line and are just attempting damage control. The cruise lines do read these boards and that is why I am so vocal when I am displeased with a situation.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2

I got a little trigger happy yesterday, checking prices for the excursions we have booked on Freedom this fall. One excursion was $10 pp cheaper. Great! Cancelled and rebooked. Another looked cheaper, too. Checked my emails to verify. Yep, only $3 pp less, but a savings is a savings, right? Cancelled and rebooked.

Only then did I realize that the email I checked was when I'd originally booked the excursion. There was another email where I'd taken advantage of a previous sale that had been $8 pp cheaper. Oops.

That's what I get for trying to do price checks while working. Lol

20 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

When they run this sales are they for everyone? or just trips that are starting soon. Mine is january 19, 2020 and do not see any sale online. If I call would they honor it?

Thanks

I think the sales are based on how the excursions are selling. Not all of the excursions in my planner are on sale. I didn't notice any discounts before final payment.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

When they run this sales are they for everyone? or just trips that are starting soon. Mine is january 19, 2020 and do not see any sale online. If I call would they honor it?

Thanks

“Sales” are not universal.  You will eventually see price fluctuations in your cruise planner from week to week. In my cruise planner there are some excursions marked with promotional banners all the time. Some are marked Pre-cruise dal, some are 10% off onboard prices and some are 20% off onboard prices. The week I first booked two different excursions, others were on sale but not my choices.  Since then, mine have been reduced twice, so I cancel and rebook.

If I hadn’t been informed by others here at cruise critic, I never would have thought to keep checking.

6 hours ago, Jeanette21 said:

Not sure how many times I will need to apologise for my misunderstood comment.  As I said previously, my infuration is purely with Royal Caribbean and the fact they seem to have these "sales" almost constantly.  I most certainly do not have a problem with another member of this group. I am a new cruiser and find the whole thing very confusing.  Thank you johnjen for your "useful" advice.  I would have thought a cruiser with your obvious cruising experience (2671 posts!)  would have been more understanding.  I am sure that you were once a new cruiser and bemused by the whole thing too. Regards Jeanette

Thanks Jeanette for letting us know.....I misunderstood you! And yes indeed on the "sales" it does get maddening at times. There's still things I don't know that I SHOULD already be aware of.....seems the excursion prices fluctuate with the money market and the constant value/devalue of currencies. This for example, is new to me. Wish I had checked on excursion fees on a periodic basis more than now.

Edited by johnjen
  • Thanks 1