Power outlets on explorer

6 minutes ago, Sylvia999 said:

Thank you for your prompt answer

sylvia

You're welcome.  I forget to mention that the bathroom light may have to be on for that bathroom ohtlet to have power.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

You're welcome.  I forget to mention that the bathroom light may have to be on for that bathroom ohtlet to have power.

I have found this to be the case. We have tried to plug a night light in the bathroom socket. It won't work unless the big light is on. That kind of defeats the purpose of having a night light.

Hello,

I would just add two things.

Firstly, I understand US plugs have the cable come horizontally out the back of them whereas UK plugs have the cable coming out the bottom vertically. As the sockets are so close to the 'vanity' surface an adapter (x2, x3) would be necessary just to get the item plugged-in. Two pin Euro plugs can be rotated 180 degrees and still work. Multi socket leads are not on the UK 'naughty list'.

Secondly the output in the bathroom is almost in the ceiling and too far for the cable for my electric toothbrush charger. However, I can balance it on the paper covers that go over the water glasses in the metal brackets successfully - and as posted above the light does have to stay on.

Regards,

Cublet

Not the best photo but you can see the one 220V power port on the right (by the drink cups) and the two North American 110V outlets on the left (one is hidden behind the TV).  This was an interior cabin with virtual balcony.

1223691745_ExplorerDesk.jpg.e1e43376a53af6e4b47883c4fafb4337.jpg

Thank you for photo I see what you mean now.i have been looking on line and I can get an extension lead for the Euro plug with the lead coming out the middle so should be sorted.i am so pleased I posted on here or I would not have known this,

thank you sylvia 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I would just add two things.

Firstly, I understand US plugs have the cable come horizontally out the back of them whereas UK plugs have the cable coming out the bottom vertically. As the sockets are so close to the 'vanity' surface an adapter (x2, x3) would be necessary just to get the item plugged-in. Two pin Euro plugs can be rotated 180 degrees and still work. Multi socket leads are not on the UK 'naughty list'.

Secondly the output in the bathroom is almost in the ceiling and too far for the cable for my electric toothbrush charger. However, I can balance it on the paper covers that go over the water glasses in the metal brackets successfully - and as posted above the light does have to stay on.

Regards,

Cublet

I would never touch the outlet in the bathroom.  It says only for electric shavers, and I choose to follow that.

I plug my electric toothbrush in at the vanity, and take the toothbrush part into the bathroom when I want to use it.  (That's more sanitary anyway)