SJU Epic Transfers or Taxi Best at Pan Am Pier

Sailing Epic from San Juan.  Flying in on their air.  Was thinking taxis as is usual for us, but now reading hard to get in and out at pier day of and day back in port.

Does NCL have an advantage with bus/shuttle to airport over taxis as far as ability to get on and get out to airport?  I know variables apply, but asking in general.

Thanks.

I just saw I asked this elsewhere.  Sorry.  There was one reply.  Anyone else have an opinion?

Edited by Seacreature101

I would not bother with the transfers. NCL pushes them hard -- and talk about the lack of taxis in San Juan. That hasn't been the case for us. 

We've cruised out of San Juan twice -- the first time we landed about 11:00 a.m. the day of the cruise and had no issue getting a cab to the pier -- we shared one with others for a very reasonable price. This year, we arrived the day before and got in line for a cab around 5:45 p.m. There was a decent-sized, line, but it was very organized and we only waited a few minutes. 

Both times we disembarked, we left the ship early in the morning and there were an unbelievable number of cabs lined up waiting to take people where they needed to go (they were backed up to the main road). The "funny" thing is the day before when we went to the disembarkation meeting for suites, NCL was saying that there were really no cabs available and to sign up for their shuttle. Depending on how many people are in your party, this can get really expensive!

A cab ride between the airport and the pier will run you about $20-25, depending on how much luggage you have. Taxis are regulated when travelling between these two destinations. 

Another consideration if you take the shuttle is that you will be separated from you luggage. Some people more more comfortable with that than others.

• Like 1

Some of this will depend whether one or two ships there.  I was one who posted about embarkation there and it was when two ships were there.  Everyone was trying to get off and all the new people were coming in and traffic stood still at times with just a couple lanes going in.  I know right around the time we were there the taxi drivers were upset with ride sharing companies and did something like block a bridge or entrance/exit to the airport so hopefully that has all been settled.