Transatlantic question

vbscoot

Doing our first TA in Oct 2020.  For you seasoned TAers,  just wondering if Carnival adds anything new and different as far as entertainment goes because of so many days at sea.  Its a 16 day cruise in total with 5 days for the crossing.  Im not opposed to just lounging for 5 days😎.  Just curious.

• Like 1

We did our first TA in 2018. I do not remember anything different as far as entertainment. What I do remember though is the “days at sea” going amazingly fast. It was a wonderful cruise. Doing another TA October 2020. Maybe - well most likely - the same one as you. 

We did a TA in 2016, and while I didn't necessarily notice too much added, there was plenty to do. One thing that I haven't seen otherwise on Carnival was the addition of an enrichment speaker. We didn't love his topics, but I think he did 6-7 lectures during the sea days. There also was lots and lots of bingo, trivia, dance lessons, etc. 

As @cellfree mentioned, the sea days went by quickly and we never really just hung out or had any downtime. 

52 minutes ago, vbscoot said:

Legend...Barcelona to Tampa  and we added Venice to Barcelona to make it our first B2B also.

See you onboard...some friends and I added MSC Opera prior to the Venice to Barcelona.

I have been on a few TA’s and a TP (another TP coming up in Oct). I don’t remember anything specific being added. Maybe a few more trivia games, cooking demonstrations, crafts.  I usually bring enough to entertain myself...books, movies, craft projects. I do love sea days.

Transatlantic cruises are just reposition cruises to get the ship to a different distant homeport. They used to be bargains until discovered by people who love doing nothing except losing track of time. The ship does have normal entertainment, but you aren't going to see many fly on entertainers or other special entertainment.