Just booked and then realized there is a discount for firefighters

Hammergirl

So I am a first timer on MSC and just booked a room in the yacht club. THEN after booking a realized that they offer a discount for firefighters. Am I out of luck? I will of course call them in the morning, just just wondering if anyone has experience with them adjusting your rate after booking. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

So I am a first timer on MSC and just booked a room in the yacht club. THEN after booking a realized that they offer a discount for firefighters. Am I out of luck? I will of course call them in the morning, just just wondering if anyone has experience with them adjusting your rate after booking. Thanks!

Just call and have it applied.  I did that with the military discount after I had booked.

9 minutes ago, boontj2003 said:

Same here. Just call and have it applied! And don't forget to status match too. You will get a discount for that also.

Status match cannot be combined with FF or military discount.  It is one or the other, not both. 

Edited by ready2cruzagain

1 hour ago, boontj2003 said:

I have a veteran and status match on my cruise for next week.

Not suppose to, never been able to do that here.  Below is the terms for the military match: (notice the red type)

*Up to a 10% discount can be applied to the prevailing market and/or promotional rates based on ship sailing date chosen. 10% off is applicable on select Balcony, Suites and YC1 staterooms; 5% discount is applicable on select Interior and Ocean View staterooms. Discount rates apply to all to active and retired U.S. and Canadian military, civil service and interline personnel and their spouses, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law. Qualifying guests must present an I.D. badge from their respective organization at the time of booking. This discount does not apply to Military and/or Civil Service Rates issued through a dedicated promotion. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion and may be withdrawn without notice. Offer is capacity controlled, subject to availability and restrictions may apply. Not combinable with MSC Voyagers Club Discount. Government taxes and fees for all guests are additional. MSC Cruises reserves the right to pass on any fuel surcharge without notice to all guests. MSC Cruises reserves the right to refuse to honor any prices/sailings that are erroneously printed or quoted. Ask for "Military and Civil Service Discount" promotion when booking. Ship's registry: Panama and Valletta.
**If a member of the United States Armed Forces or Canadian Armed Forces can no longer travel due to redeployment or revocation of leave – MSC Cruises will issue a full cruise credit for use on a future sail date. Must be verified by a letter from commanding officer. Cancellation must be done no later than 15 days prior to cruise departure date. Future cruise credit is good for two years from cancellation.
***Kids sail free: Children 11 and under sail free as 3rd/4th guest in the same stateroom as two full fare paying adults. Learn more

Don't worry OP, call and have it added. Our travel agency company had me email proof to pass on to msc and they took the discount off. They did say it had to be before pay in full. But if you already paid in full you might be able to convince them in some obc.

Thank you all, I just paid the deposit so I will call this morning and see what I can do. This is our first time on MSC and just getting used to all the rules and ins and outs. The deposit is non-refundable, is that correct? It was hard to tell when I made the booking.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

Thank you all, I just paid the deposit so I will call this morning and see what I can do. This is our first time on MSC and just getting used to all the rules and ins and outs. The deposit is non-refundable, is that correct? It was hard to tell when I made the booking.

You are in the US so I am pretty sure your deposit is refundable unless you booked through a TA that has a penalty. 

11 minutes ago, dexddd said:

YC.

That is why you got 10%, it is not combining the status match and military.  Military get 10% for balcony and above therefore if booking a balcony or above it is always better to use the military rate than the status match. We are in an inside cabin so get only 5% military or 5% status match, you cannot get both.

Do you.

Again, I'm in a bella balcony got a military discount (10%) brought the price to 1900 then got 5% status match for platinum, drinks on us and only paid for my teenage daughters port fees (kids sail free) Sailing spring break easter week for $1800.00. Booked this one year ago tomorrow.

I love how on Cruise critic, you always have to prove you really did save the money!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, boontj2003 said:

Do you.

Again, I'm in a bella balcony got a military discount (10%) brought the price to 1900 then got 5% status match for platinum, drinks on us and only paid for my teenage daughters port fees (kids sail free) Sailing spring break easter week for $1800.00. Booked this one year ago tomorrow.

I love how on Cruise critic, you always have to prove you really did save the money!

I did not say YOU didn't I said the other poster did not because he booked YC.  In your case, I had no clue what you booked but under military you should not have been status matched.  Glad you were just wish that after booking 7 cruises with MSC they would let me do it just once.

• Like 1

After receiving a status match of Black in January, I booked a cruise and received  5% off the booking. After learning of the military discount of 10%, I emailed a copy of my military DD214 discharge paper. A few days after submitting, I was given an additional 5% off. I was surprised how quickly it was processed. So yes you can combine a status match and military, firefighter, EMT, and others for up to 10% off. So if you got a total of 15% off, more power to you! Congrats. Knowing how MSC likes to change things, they probably changed the rule to a total combined discount of up to 10%

And FYI, we booked a Bella balcony on Seaside that included the “Easy” package and free basic internet. So I was very happy with the 5% status discount and additional 5% military discount. We did not get the full 10% military, but still got 10% off the booking. When I inquired, I was told by customer service it was a total combined discount of 10%

Tom

Edited by TomC21
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

I assume it's an American discount, right?

I don't think it's just US.  I think David (Sidari) gets it in the UK as a former firefighter.