CARNIVAL MAGIC DELAYED 07APRIL ???

c-legs

We were on the magic for the sailing before the charter.  They closed the lido deck early on our last sea day and closed the bars, pool, etc.  And started building the stage for Janet Jacksons performance.  There were a lot of unhappy people.  

3 hours ago, cruiselover** said:

I am so sorry - I made a mistake with the dates for 2020.  The charter group boards Carnival Magic on March 28, 2020 and gets OFF the ship April 5, 2020.  I guess you'll be waiting in the terminal a while before you can begin your cruise.  You at least might get the $50.00 per passenger in onboard credit to enjoy for your anniversary 'grandmarnnurse'.  My husband and I didn't get any compensation in April 2015 for our delay.

We'll be on Magic 2 weeks after that so hopefully everything should be back to normal.

2 hours ago, brookeq said:

We were on the magic for the sailing before the charter.  They closed the lido deck early on our last sea day and closed the bars, pool, etc.  And started building the stage for Janet Jacksons performance.  There were a lot of unhappy people.  

I know that I would be unhappy. I’m not sure I like the idea that Carnival does these charters, because it screws with their loyal base of customers. 

On 4/15/2019 at 10:22 AM, grandmarnnurse said:

I really don’t understand why these charters cannot be made to follow the same rules as we have to, and get off the ship as early as we do. It is not right that they hold up the next cruise like that.

I need to clarify a few things.  I was on the ship that you boarded on 4/14/19.  Yes it was a charter and we left late the Sunday before but the reason was because there was a concert with Janet Jackson.  However, we were delayed in boarding as well on 4/7/19 and Carnival said the same thing....that the cruise before which was not a charter had a delayed debarkation.  

But...the REAL reason we were delayed in getting off of the ship was because the bridge came detached from the ship!  Imagine what an horrible situation this could have been if someone would have fallen and was injured or worse. In addition, Carnival did a horrible job with our luggage and they placed blame on the port and the port placed blame on Carnival, go figure. We sat for over an hour,  after many people had started getting off at 7 and had to wait until the captain re-positioned the ship so that the bridge could be attached to the ship again and people could get off.  Charters do in fact follow the same rules.  If you want further clarification on this, contact Carnival because it was not us that delayed boarding...Carnival just chooses to place blame on the group leaving the ship. 

• Like 1

I was on this charter as well, we all know how this board feels about charter cruises(kosher cruise, etc).

I think this summary by G.B. provides more insight:

@CarnivalCruiseLine As one of the cruisers being accused of debarking late, I’m highly offended by these statements. I spent the better part of 2 hours in the extremely hot luggage area looking for my luggage WHICH was only located because I fought to speak to a supervisor and stressed how close I was to missing my flight. Nearly 30 min later he found my luggage in a pile of luggage on the other side of the building. Opposite of where it should be ON THE BELT.

I was keeping my travel partners advised of the chaos and eventually asked why they weren’t there as their scheduled time had passed. That’s when I learned about people detained due to the bridge separation. Am I to understand that was the traveler’s fault?

Before I found a pier supervisor, I spoke to a Carnival Representative who insisted “Carnival has nothing to do with the chaos” and pointed the finger at the pier crew. But offered that I should leave so I don’t miss my flight, then when/if my luggage was found, I would be contacted to PAY to have it returned. It was chaos!!! The pier crew blamed Carnival for improperly loading the luggage and Carnival reps blamed the pier crew. No help offered. No options. No truth. Just more “it’s not me”.  Some people did miss flights because of luggage.

AND NOW! You place make a news statement BLAMING a the guest of a contracted customer, who sells out the ship, and contracted to return again, for what I’m guessing at is, at least 85%, Carnival’s doing, well that’s just insulting. Even more insulting than the painting taking place to cover the rust during the cruise, the lack of urgency to keep eating areas cleared, clean, and stocked, the dirty windows, and what seemed to be minimal staffing (in comparison to the many other cruises I have taken).

I’m also sending my feedback to TJMS in hope I can influence them to reconsider working with a company that displays such disregard and disrespect.

end ~~~

When we boarded, they were late, and we got the SAME generic non dated letter that the cruise after us got.

This particular charter has been with Carnival since 2013.  Carnival Corp KNEW what is was, KNEW what to expect and was beyond ill prepared to handle us.

So for those of you on the Magic in 2020, I wouldn't cancel quite yet, because we as charter guests that paid waaay more than you did even an inside room are DEMANDING that this charter be moved to a different ship.. I would prefer line but I doubt that will happen.

Good look to the next set up cruisers.  Enjoy broken hot tubs, no air and painting.  I could list other things, but I am sure when they disembark next week, you will all be informed.

RW 🙂 

• Like 1

just to clarify the pool closing and the charter after us didn’t bother me at all.  Just stating that some were unhappy.  

And it appears this terminal had problems the last few cruises.  The cruise before us was really late getting off.  It delayed our boarding.  Our sailing also had issues getting off. My sister in law did self assist and said there were only two customs agents there to get people off. So it took us a long time to get off.  

• Like 2

Hello.

Just got off the Magic yesterday. I was on the April 14th sailing.

We arrived at the port with the Carnival shuttle from the airport around 1pm and got off the bus at the terminal around 1:30pm because of heavy traffic at the port.

There were hundreds of people everywhere, there were no lines whatsoever, and Carnival people did not seem to understand what was going on. There was luggage everywhere. I think I saw people getting into the terminal around 3:30, I was on the ship around 4:00pm. I was happy I did not buy FTTF because for the boarding part it did not mean anything.

We were so hungry, as we decided not to eat at the airport. We were exhausted too. We were informed about the 50.00 onboard credit late sunday night.

Though this was a very bumpy start, this was almost all forgotten the next days because all around we had a great cruise and great weather in each port of call.

Edited by mllekaren