YOUTUBE VIDEO of OUR MARCH 10-24 ROTTERDAM CRUISE

12 hours ago, Mickb said:

Unfortunately we in the UK are unable to watch this video as it has been blocked by 

WMG - whatever that is

Shame,

Sorry about that....ONE of the 20 or so songs I used caused the entire video to be blocked in some countries. WMG owns the rights to the song.

Edited by existentialtraveler

I am really enjoying your video - limiting myself to 15 minute blocks between chores!  I love the sea turtles,absolutely fascinating watching them feed and swim. We are taking our first journey on the Rotterdam in the Fall and are excited to see the pictures of the interior! She certainly is beautiful, love the clocks. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all.

19 hours ago, travelholics said:

I am really enjoying your video - limiting myself to 15 minute blocks between chores!  I love the sea turtles,absolutely fascinating watching them feed and swim. We are taking our first journey on the Rotterdam in the Fall and are excited to see the pictures of the interior! She certainly is beautiful, love the clocks. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all.

I am glad you are enjoying the video. The Rotterdam is, indeed, a lovely ship.

If you like the sea turtles and are going to St Thomas, be sure to go to Water Island. It is easy to get to from Crown Bay Cruise Terminal...$5 per person  each way for a 10 minute ferry ride to the island. Once there, the chairs are free and the turtles are just a few yards swim from the beach. But...sssshhhhhhhhh....keep Water Island a secret! We often have the beach to ourselves.

Great video and enjoyed how you put it all together and with the great music!!

Will be on her from our home town of San Diego next March doing a Panama Canal Cruise doing a TA to Rome after. She is a wonderful small ship that I love

as The Maasdam, and The Ryndam which has left our fleet.

Thank you soo much for the time you spent putting this video together for all of us to enjoy.

Denise😊

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Great video and enjoyed how you put it all together and with the great music!!

Will be on her from our home town of San Diego next March doing a Panama Canal Cruise doing a TA to Rome after. She is a wonderful small ship that I love

as The Maasdam, and The Ryndam which has left our fleet.

Thank you soo much for the time you spent putting this video together for all of us to enjoy.

Denise😊

You are quite welcome. I am glad you enjoyed it, and I am sure you will enjoy your trip on the Rotterdam next March. Smaller ships are so much better!

Thank you for sharing this YouTube - what a lot of work went into that.  We sailed the same itinerary on the Rotterdam in February and loved it - memories of the trip - thanks!   So sad Tampa is not longer a HA cruise port.  What an easy town to depart from.   

Just to let you know I loved your video so much right now that now my husband who has not seen it yet is watching in our entertainment room! He loves the under water videos you guys did in St. Thomas!

great video!! Cocktails in hand and were relaxing watching this wonderful you tube!

The turtle is a big hit!! 

My husband asked what kind of underwater camera do you have? Your a great couple too!

when we were in St Thomas on Nieuw Amsterdam we docked no where you guys did! Your area was beautiful 

Denise😊

7 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Just to let you know I loved your video so much right now that now my husband who has not seen it yet is watching in our entertainment room! He loves the under water videos you guys did in St. Thomas!

great video!! Cocktails in hand and were relaxing watching this wonderful you tube!

The turtle is a big hit!! 

My husband asked what kind of underwater camera do you have? Your a great couple too!

when we were in St Thomas on Nieuw Amsterdam we docked no where you guys did! Your area was beautiful 

Denise😊

Thank you for your kind comments.

I have only recently been doing underwater video while snorkeling. I have been working as a professional underwater photographer for a couple decades now and have always preferred still photos to video. Recently ( a year ago), I picked up a $70 waterproof Nikon point and shoot, which also did video. To my surprise, the video was far superior to anything I had ever done with a much more expensive GoPro AND you could ZOOM the Nikon while doing video. here is a link to my pro underwater photo youtube channel with one of my first videos...turtles in Curacao about a year ago, shot with the $70 Nikon:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QieXtCuj9uY

For the Rotterdam trip, I gave the Nikon to my wife and I bought a Fuji FinePix xp130 point and shoot for video.  I was pleased with it. It also took pretty good still photos...not magazine quality, but pretty good! I no longer take my $5000 Canon to the beach!

The Rotterdam docked at Havensight, one of the two docks in St Thomas. The other is Crown Bay. We took a ferry over to Water Island. We love Water Island...cheap, uncrowded, and easy to get to. The turtles are always there...dozens of them!...just a few yards swim off the beach.

Again, thank you for your kind comments. I am very glad you and your husband enjoyed the video.

p.s. I give my wife all the credit for how good of a couple we are...she is really a wonderful person! I think she is even prettier now than when we first met...and that was 40 years ago!

Edited by existentialtraveler

13 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Thank you for sharing this YouTube - what a lot of work went into that.  We sailed the same itinerary on the Rotterdam in February and loved it - memories of the trip - thanks!   So sad Tampa is not longer a HA cruise port.  What an easy town to depart from.   

You are quite welcome. The Rotterdam is a lovely ship and the itinerary was fantastic.  I was surprised at how much we liked Tampa! You are correct...what a shame it is no longer a HAL port.