Royal Caribbean Excursion or Private Company

panzafit

My family and I are a group of 12 visiting St.Thomas in July.  We are docking at Crown Bay and would like to do a little shopping at Charlotte Amalie, see Mountaintop, and do a few hours as a beach day at Maegens or Sapphire (suggestions which beach?).  When I calculated the cost for a taxi to go to these places it was about the same cost as an excursion.  I looked up private companies (Godfrey, Sunny Liston, and Jeep Buddys) but they all state the latest they leave is noon and we don't dock until noon.  We are there from 12-8.  Would it just be better to book the excursion through Royal Caribbean or does someone know if there's a private company that will do a later tour?  Being there from 12-8 should we plan to do beach first then shopping and then maybe Mountaintop around sunset?

Edited by panzafit

Just back for Harmony cruise which included St Thomas. First time in Caribbean so played safe at St Thomas and booked RCI 5 Star Tour which included the stops you have mentioned. Was done in reverse from itinerary on website - 2 hours shopping, stop at Mountaintop & 2 hours at Magens. Was a great tour only negative was stop at Mountaintop was very short, 15 minutes,only enough time to walk down take a few photos & walk back to bus. Due to bar being busy wife even had to abandon her plan to have a Banana Daiquiri.Other trips did seem to stay longer.

Would recommend although with 12 in your party worth talking to one of the private companies to see if they can provide more flexibility on timings & may work out cheaper

On 4/13/2019 at 1:49 PM, mets123 said:

Check out Godfrey anyway. Email him. With 12 people, he can do a private tour, and cater to your schedule.

Agree...OP you need to contact him directly to book a private tour.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:52 AM, sothall55 said:

Just back for Harmony cruise which included St Thomas. First time in Caribbean so played safe at St Thomas and booked RCI 5 Star Tour which included the stops you have mentioned. Was done in reverse from itinerary on website - 2 hours shopping, stop at Mountaintop & 2 hours at Magens. Was a great tour only negative was stop at Mountaintop was very short, 15 minutes

I’ll be on the Harmony in August and have signed up for that same excursion. If they have the 2 hours of shopping first what did you do with the items you bought at the stores when you went to the Magen’s Bay?  Did you have to bring them on the beach with you?

10 hours ago, Bsmeme said:

I’ll be on the Harmony in August and have signed up for that same excursion. If they have the 2 hours of shopping first what did you do with the items you bought at the stores when you went to the Magen’s Bay?  Did you have to bring them on the beach with you?

Hi, Yes had to take them to the beach. Transport was in one of the open sided taxis so wouldn’t be secure left on there. Think some did the trip beach first probably to try and spread the numbers. Magens was still very busy by the time we arrived.

• Like 1

If the driver stays at the beach he will watch your things while you're in the water so they'll be secure. Magens had lockers for rent before the storms. Check to see if they're available if your driver isn't staying.

• Like 1