YC attire on Seaside

jcathers1

We will be traveling in the YC on the Seaside this summer, and I am curious as to the dress code for the YC restaurant. My wife and I actually took our daughters in the YC last year, but this summer, our whole extended family is coming as well. Having only girls, I didn't think much about it (since they were wearing dresses every night and my wife and I were dressed up), but I am wondering what the expectations are for my nephews and other family members. Long pants, no open toed shoes? No jeans and a collared shirt? I just want to be able to help them pack appropriately.

Thanks in advance.

47 minutes ago, jcathers1 said:

We will be traveling in the YC on the Seaside this summer, and I am curious as to the dress code for the YC restaurant. My wife and I actually took our daughters in the YC last year, but this summer, our whole extended family is coming as well. Having only girls, I didn't think much about it (since they were wearing dresses every night and my wife and I were dressed up), but I am wondering what the expectations are for my nephews and other family members. Long pants, no open toed shoes? No jeans and a collared shirt? I just want to be able to help them pack appropriately.

Thanks in advance.

It's the same as the rest of the ship. Long pants, not flip flops, nice shirts whether collared or not, etc. You'll see some suits and tuxes on formal nights, but not a lot in our experience.  Dockers and polo or similar is the norm.

I pack light(weeks worth in a flight carry on) for all my trips so I tend to wear clothes few times.  

This is what I packed as male.  I had two swim trunks, 4 shorts, 2 slacks, 4 polo shirts, 2 dress shirts,  2 ties, 1 short green collar shirt, 4 t-shirts, 3 gym shirts, 2 gym shorts, one black walking shoes, sandal..socks and undies.

Most days I wore slack and dress shirt/polo shirts for only dinner or for pictures, so I was able to rotate them.  

Day time at YC lounge and pool/grill; no dress code so swim wear and short, shirts and sandals.

For dinner, slack and polo with black walking shoes most of time.  For two elegant dress nights, slack and dress shirt with a tie.  As long as men wears long pants and collar shirt there is no issue.  In restaurant, I only saw once a man was asked to change when he came in shorts and a t-shirt.

1 hour ago, floridian1 said:

Do boys need to wear pants too? I usually dress my boys (7 and 11) in kahki shorts and brown loafers..usually with a polo.

In my experience, that would be fine for kids their age. The goal is to look nice, which is what you have described.

• Thanks 1