Comfort of Seabourn/Silversea/Crystal/ Regent/Oceania/ Cunard Deck chairs

brittany12

Anyone who sailed on any or all of these higher end lines care to rate the comfort and quality of the pool deck chairs? Padded or not padded, meaning cushions,  matters a lot. Does the chaise make your back feel comfortable when you lay on it for a few hours? Ease of getting in and out, and that depends on how they are positioned on the pool deck. Mostly like sardines I imagine on any cruise line.

Nope...not at all like sardines.

In fact, there will be little problem getting a lounge chair, even on tropical itineraries.  At least in my experience.  Ones in the shade may have higher demand.

Some lines have terrycloth covers on the loungers - all provide towels at the loungers and good cushions.

Can't speak to Cunard and can't remember Oceania.

We have been on Seabourn and  Regent. No problem getting deck chairs, perhaps a bit of a wait to it to get one in the shade. Some lux lines such as Regent have terry chair covers and are cozy. Seabourn comfortable lunge chairs but not terry  lined. In that regard Regent wins. Both lines have staff walking around offering free drinks, alcoholic to non alcoholic. You can order food delivered to your seat for free. One of the lines, I think Seabourn had free sunscreen. Piles of clean towels at the pool.

We also have cruised  one time on the premium but not lux line Oceania.  Our warm weather Oceania cruise years ago did get a bit more crowded but always able to get a seat.i do not remember the chairs.