How to get Medallion

cruise4mom

I am wondering how exactly you receive your medallion. I have read that you can have it mailed to you or pick it up at the port. One post states that on the Ocean Ready app there is a spot to specify what your prefer. I am on a B2B leaving November 6, 2019. At what point is your Ocean Ready app ready for us. I have been told 30 days before, 60 before and at 90 days before. When exactly are we able to enter our booking numbers, have them recognized, and set things up to receive the medallion before we arrive? 

I've had  difficulty with the Ocean Ready app like you!!   I was able to get in touch with the Princess Ocean Navigators by phone to learn exactly when and how I could get signed up.  If you want to get correct information their contact phone number is 1-844-525-0942!  I am not sure they are available on weekends.  

Regards, Whitetrike 

1 hour ago, cruise4mom said:

I am wondering how exactly you receive your medallion. I have read that you can have it mailed to you or pick it up at the port. One post states that on the Ocean Ready app there is a spot to specify what your prefer. I am on a B2B leaving November 6, 2019. At what point is your Ocean Ready app ready for us. I have been told 30 days before, 60 before and at 90 days before. When exactly are we able to enter our booking numbers, have them recognized, and set things up to receive the medallion before we arrive? 

While the process can vary, the MedallionClass website states “Guests on MedallionClass voyages can only get OceanReady within one to two months prior to sailing”.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

For our cruise departing later this month the OceanReady app was usable 6 weeks before the cruise.  Through the app (and I think the Ocean.com website) you can order your OceanMedallion.  As I recall we had to complete the OceanReady process prior to ordering the OM & they have a video explaining the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTTFlSmsFuc

However our experience had some problems with the app requiring a few calls to that number & weekdays are best to call them because on weekends the least experienced Navigators are on duty.  Those with Android phones reported more problems than with the Apple version.

They email an OM order confirmation & when shipped a tracking email.  Those on my roll call began receiving the tracking emails less than 3 weeks before the cruise.  The OMs were shipped by FedEx from Florida by 2 day air to arrive about 17 to 10 days before sailing.

There are still glitches & for some the process went smoothly but for others it required several calls...it’s definitely a work in progress.  The Navigators who I talked with were all helpful but they can only provide the information they’re given.

For your B2B cruises you’ll receive one OM to use on both cruises.  However by the time you sail hopefully the process will be more standardized than the glitches we experienced.  Exactly how we’re currently receiving our OMs could be different for you.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Ocean Ready app will not recognize your booking # until after final payment.  Once that is complete wait a few weeks and enter the entire information.  I sailed in Feb and completed my ocean ready app in Dec.  It worked and I had medallions mailed to our home.