Veendam Dry Dock Work

Northcliffe12

We hope they don't mess with the Ocean Bar and the trio that plays there.  It is one of the things that draws us to the smaller ships that still have it.  We love to have meet up with friends, have a drink before dinner and a dance or two.  Later, we stop in for a night cap if there aren't other things happening.

• 5 months later...

We did a 24 day cruise in July and we were very happy.  Still the traditional ship we like and yes trio in the ocean bar as well as a pianist who was outstanding.  Trio were good for dancing  We didn’t find any issues with staffing levels other than they rotated the staff through different venues including the dining room so if you found ones you liked you couldn’t stay with them.  We found some of the dining staff disinterested (very slow to serve) and when after a few nights at different tables we found a good team only to find after a week they got moved.  Same in ocean bar -had great staff but they got moved at the half way point of the cruise and replacement staff just stood around and didn’t serve anyone.  Literally guests were leaving and going to the piano bar to get drinks and come back.  But for all that if you like traditional cruising it was great and I wouldn’t hesitate to sail on Veendam again.

3 hours ago, VTcruisenut said:

They put the Aft pool back on the Veendam? 

What is prompting that question? Last I knew the 'wading pool' of 2009 had been changed to raised hot tubs on that ship. 

Thank you North. I sailed on Veendam in 2015 and going on her again soon.

I like her but know they did some changes in April. Sorry about the staff, they've always

been good on Holland. Know will have a good time no matter what. I just go with the flow!