Itinerary decision help badly needed!! East vs. South

mook1525

Bonaire is beautiful HOWEVER, the beaches are very rocky with deep drop offs. It’s a scuba divers paradise, but not great for a beach day per say. My kids were uncomfortable swimming and snorkeling there because the surf was rough. You definitely need water shoes. They do have some man made beaches at private hotels, etc. Now Aruba is beautiful. It has more beaches as well. I think the all the “beaches” are man made there. Sand, etc. It was definitely the most touristy of the ABC islands. 

I haven’t been to the other islands so I can’t give insight there. Need to remedy that ASAP!

happy cruising!

On 4/15/2019 at 6:15 AM, mook1525 said:

hello all!

I am trying to book 8 night cruise on Breeze between eastern and southern Caribbean and wanted ask your input on opinion/reviews from itinerary. 

Eastern - St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan, Grand Turk 

Southern - Aruba, Bonaire, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk 

Southern route is about $300 more expensive (total not per person) 

Which one would you choose and why? 

I am a fan of beautiful beaches.

I REALLY want to visit Maho Beach and watch planes landing in St. Maarten but then I don't like San Juan since it's really not a beach day...

what can you tell me about these itinerary? and pros and cons?  I will be cruising with 6 and 11 old kids. 

anything special about Aruba and Bonaire? 

thanks in advance!

Nothing beats Half Moon Cay. One of the most beautiful beaches to see if you have never been. The sand is like powdered sugar. Carnival's private Island so they have food and music.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:15 AM, mook1525 said:

hello all!

I am trying to book 8 night cruise on Breeze between eastern and southern Caribbean and wanted ask your input on opinion/reviews from itinerary. 

The Breeze looks like an amazing ship, kind of like a hybrid between Carnival Dream and Carnival Vista, both amazing ships.

Eastern - St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan, Grand Turk 

I've been to every port on that list with the exception of St. Kitts. I went to St. Maarten last August, and I loved seeing planes flying over me! Your kids would have a blast! (Pun intended)! A memory they won't forget! Having been to San Juan thrice. I stayed at the Condado Vanderbilt which was the best hotel I've ever stayed in, and it was adjacent to a beach that seemed OKAY.   

For beaches, however, the Southern Caribbean is above par. 

Southern - Aruba, Bonaire, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk 

I am looking at this itinerary as well, and it seems spectacular! Those ports are all really beach visits, as there really isn't all that much that can rival the beach experiences there. HMC is said to be "worth the extra $300", so that tells you one thing. Grand Turk was OKAY, I would be okay going there again.

Southern route is about $300 more expensive (total not per person) 

That seems like a good price differential. That is about what I am looking at for a couple of summer cruises as well!

Which one would you choose and why? 

Southern, as I have been to 3 out of the 4 Eastern Caribbean ports listed. 

Aruba and Bonaire?

Part of the ABC Islands, the epitome of a Caribbean beach!