Brooklyn cruise term access?

bones774

I'm a solo traveler, living in Queens, NY. I used the Brooklyn terminal some years ago and at that time access was pretty bad, I remember we had to funnel into long lines on the street in our car to enter and exit the port area. I will be using terminal again shortly, has access gotten better? I will be having a family member drop me off, if access is gonna be bad, is there a spot I could be dropped nearby and I can walk in w/o getting my family member ensnared in the traffic jam? or even a bus top that could get me closer?

Thanks

Let me ask this, is it still congested down those  streets on sailing days or has it gotten better?. Astoria not a bargain, I live more eastern queens, drive there and then 1 hour plus transfer no good.

40 minutes ago, bones774 said:

Let me ask this, is it still congested down those  streets on sailing days or has it gotten better?. Astoria not a bargain, I live more eastern queens, drive there and then 1 hour plus transfer no good.

We haven't left from Brooklyn, but we disembarked there from a TA in September (our first time at that terminal). Trying to get out of there (we had a car service) seemed like a mess -- a warren of narrow streets, some one-way, a lot of traffic (of course).   I do hope you get an answer from someone who has recently embarked.

Perhaps an alternative to your family member dropping you off is using a car service. At least they get paid for being in traffic.  :classic_smile:

Edited by Turtles06

4 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

We haven't left from Brooklyn, but we disembarked there from a TA in September (our first time at that terminal). Trying to get out of there (we had a car service) seemed like a mess -- a warren of narrow streets, some one-way, a lot of traffic (of course).   I do hope you get an answer from someone who has recently embarked.

Perhaps an alternative to your family member dropping you off is using a car service. At least they get paid for being in traffic.  :classic_smile:

Yea, that is what I remember too. There is a transit bus that let's you off with 1/10 of a mile according to the MTA, that might be the best and walk in.