Lotus Spa Thermal Suite

HoneymoonCruiser5

Thermal suite is a place with steam saunas (eucaliptus and regular) both coed,  multiple showers to rinse off,  and about five stone tiled warm lounge beds to lie on and relax.  We enjoy it sometimes.....but be aware it is dark in there......no windows.....but quiet soft music .......low lights.

• 4 months later...
On 4/16/2019 at 2:38 PM, Qcruise said:

Thermal suite is a place with steam saunas (eucaliptus and regular) both coed,  multiple showers to rinse off,  and about five stone tiled warm lounge beds to lie on and relax.  We enjoy it sometimes.....but be aware it is dark in there......no windows.....but quiet soft music .......low lights.

Is that what is available on the Star?  I'm getting the impression that what is in the thermal suite is different on various ships.

There will be a variation of the thermal suite on all ships......the Star should have one like this because it's a "grand class" ship so it is built like the Ruby,  Crown, etc.....the new Royal class ships call it the "enclave" I believe and that one is on an outside wall with light and windows which is much better.  

9 minutes ago, Qcruise said:

There will be a variation of the thermal suite on all ships......the Star should have one like this because it's a "grand class" ship so it is built like the Ruby,  Crown, etc.....the new Royal class ships call it the "enclave" I believe and that one is on an outside wall with light and windows which is much better.  

We toured the Enclave on the Royal recently, with the full intention of purchasing it for the week. If there was an outside window in the Enclave, it was hiding from us. Looked totally interior.We found it to be very dark and claustrophobic. Didn't book it.

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

We toured the Enclave on the Royal recently, with the full intention of purchasing it for the week. If there was an outside window in the Enclave, it was hiding from us. Looked totally interior.We found it to be very dark and claustrophobic. Didn't book it.

4 hours ago, Qcruise said:

On the Royal the TS does not have windows and it's called the Enclave.  It has a very large whirlpool, which the older ships don't have and is similar to what HAL ships have.  It is on Plaza deck 5, port side, but across the hall from massage rooms which do have windows (I think).  On the older ships there were OV and Inside cabins in that area.  

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 7:01 PM, EatPrayCruise said:

Does anyone know the rate for non-suite passengers for the Thermal Suite?

It's been a few years since we were on a Princess ship and used the TS, so I'm afraid I don't remember the rate plus it's probably gone up.  As we usually do 10+ day-cruises, I always bought the pass for the whole cruise, which is a better deal if one plans to use it most days.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:57 PM, BarbinMich said:

It's been a few years since we were on a Princess ship and used the TS, so I'm afraid I don't remember the rate plus it's probably gone up.  As we usually do 10+ day-cruises, I always bought the pass for the whole cruise, which is a better deal if one plans to use it most days.

Thank you.

On 8/22/2019 at 8:32 PM, KBS1607 said:

Just off an 11 day Baltic on the Regal- we paid $159 for the Enclave. We really enjoyed it.  

Thank you. I am definitely considering it. We've used it before when we booked suites, but I didn't have any idea what the price for a week would be.

The Star, CB, Diamond, and Sapphire Thermal Suites are on Lido deck and have natural light from the Lotus Spa pool area.  There is a door out to the pool.   

There are Gentle Steam, Aromatherapy steam, and gentle sauna rooms as well as two "rain forest" showers and the 5 heated tile loungers.  Star TS Gentle Sauna was closed off last November - "waiting on parts".

On Crown, Ruby, and Emerald, the TS is down one deck via internal stairs or handicap elevator - no windows. 

No TS on Grand or Golden.

Royal class have the enclave on deck 5 as described above.

Neither are very dark.

This is one of our favorite suite perks.

Edited by Ferd Berfle

We loved the thermal suite on the Sapphire Princess, and after a one day trial, we booked it for the second leg of of our BTB. Wished we had done it from day one! We were in there twice a day to enjoy the saunas and the tile lounges. We were a bit disappointed to not see the same spa on the Grand, but we survived! 

My understanding is that the Thermal Suite, called The Enclave on the Royal Class ships, is NOT included as a Full Suite benefit on the Royal Class ships.

From Princess Cruise Full Suite pamphlet (https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf): 

Complimentary Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite access on select ships* (* Not available on Royal Princess®, Regal Princess®, Majestic Princess®, Golden Princess®, Grand Princess®, Pacific Princess®, Sun Princess® or Sea Princess®.)

1 hour ago, bagney said:

My understanding is that the Thermal Suite, called The Enclave on the Royal Class ships, is NOT included as a Full Suite benefit on the Royal Class ships.

From Princess Cruise Full Suite pamphlet (https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf😞

Complimentary Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite access on select ships* (* Not available on Royal Princess®, Regal Princess®, Majestic Princess®, Golden Princess®, Grand Princess®, Pacific Princess®, Sun Princess® or Sea Princess®.)

You are correct.  It is only included as a suite benefit on the ships that actually have a Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite.