Travel to Cuba coming to an end?

arasg

Just now, gonna go cruising said:

I have not heard what RCL has offered today's cruisers yet. Where can I find that?

Thanks!

Someone has attached a PDF somewhere in this thread.  It shouldn't be hard to scan and find.  Basically, they are giving a fully refundable credit for 50% of the cruise fare plus 100% of any Cuba shore excursions that had been booked through RCL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MsMills79 said:

Lmao @ your comment about going to those towns in Texas. But you hit the nail on the head. It’s an insult for real. Mine says Nassau now. I would rather go to Mexico than Nassau. I’m sick of the Bahamas, I really am. 

We hear you and feel for you.  We've had about enough of the Mexican cruise ports.  Maybe you and we can switch??? 🙂  At least Nassau has the Bahama Barrels class (which was a lot of fun!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jayhawk said:

Right, I meant just because they gave warning on 4/19 doesn't help those who booked prior to April.  Just responding to the person who was saying there was "notice" 🙂 .

My reference to notice that the cruise line association post said that the cruise lines were prohibited from calling on Havana without notice. Their post was incorrect unless they are living under a rock.

I went in Nov of 2018 and booked the same trip for 2019 on my return.

42 minutes ago, ZandZ said:

i posted higher up - my days look a mess on the cruise planner at this point.  I am sure not gonna be too happy about Nassau but even less happy with no ports at all on The Majesty.  I mean, i like her she is super cute but come on now!  At least if we dock someplace, some people are gonna get off!  All those days at sea - me and everyone else is gonna need a drink package and I might have to start smoking *again*.  🙂

image.png.5ee0e17765ab32985bc86b8b937a3f32.png

Triple points for crown & anchor would help. If nassau is the substitute then 6 times pts.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

We hear you and feel for you.  We've had about enough of the Mexican cruise ports.  Maybe you and we can switch??? 🙂  At least Nassau has the Bahama Barrels class (which was a lot of fun!)

I like the shore excursions better in Mexico. I can ride ATV’s in Mexico. The shore excursions in the Bahamas are blah to me. 

Not likely to happen.  I will take free drink package+wifi instead :)

As i stated, in my opinion RCI (or any other cruise line for that matter) owes us nothing and anything they are offering is great and appreciated. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

If I were you, I wouldn't change anything until you have to in order to avoid a penalty.  We looked at our reservation earlier this morning and noticed that the ports had changed like I mentioned above.  I just looked at it again to try and get a little more organized, and the order of ports already had changed.  As reported by others, the cruise planner still is a mess.  I can only imagine what great efforts are going on over there, trying to clean up this mess.  I do not envy that task.

We're going to wait and see what happens when the dust settles in a day or two (or so).

The good news, if any, is that we care so little about some of these ports that we aren't concerned about shifting spa appointments!

Absolutely waiting to see how it all shakes out. Right now, my cruise planner calendar is showing Nassau as day 4 from 8 to 5. KW is still day 2. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way. I see on the RC website that the offer is 50% off or cancellation. Will have to discuss with the fam what they want to do.

• Like 1

Interesting. We are booked on the MSC Armonia for December 9, it appears to be fully booked. We were also supposed to do 2 days in Havana and are now hoping for a partial refund. (at this point we still anticipate sailing on that booking, but a little financial enticement for our troubles wouldn't hurt). Cuba was the only reason we booked that sailing in the first place.

11 minutes ago, travelingtink said:

MSC is giving $200 onboard credit for those of us on the ship right now, plus a full refund of shore excursions and $100 for anyone that had a Cuba excursion booked 

That is a far cry from RCL's 50% off (which they are giving to customers even in cruises leaving in a couple weeks).  I hope they adjust that higher.  Did they tell you where you are going instead?

Just curious, what percentage of passengers would you estimate are non-US?  I'm so sorry. I'm right there with you next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZandZ said:

this is going to hit the industry real hard, and in waves.  

I assume you mean the cruise industry in particular, but also Cuba generally. It's too bad, having cruises for the last 3 years has, I'm sure, been a boon to their tourism industry. What a blow this is. :classic_sad:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

I assume you mean the cruise industry in particular, but also Cuba generally. It's too bad, having cruises for the last 3 years has, I'm sure, been a boon to their tourism industry. What a blow this is. :classic_sad:

Correct, I do mean both.  Cuban people are going to be the ones to suffer.  Also those Americans for whom this was the only opportunity to see Cuba.  For me, I am going to make it there next Summer on my own.  So angry about this whole thing right now!

• Like 3

Royal Caribbean Heard and Answered:

Updated their FB Post:

Cuba Travel Policy Update:

Effective immediately, the U.S. government has implemented new regulations that prohibits travel from the U.S. to Cuba by cruise ship. This change requires us to immediately replace all Cuban ports. For all 2019 sailings on both Majesty of the Seas and Empress of the Seas, we have secured alternative ports and we are in the process of communicating the new itineraries to our guests and travel partners. For these guests, they will have the option of remaining on their sailing with the new itinerary and receiving a 50% refund or they may cancel their cruise and receive a full refund.

For 2020 sailings on both Majesty and Empress of the Seas, we are working to secure alternative itineraries and expect to be able to communicate to our guests and travel partners within the next week.

We are sorry for this unexpected and sudden change to our guests’ upcoming vacations and appreciate their understanding. Read more: 

Just now, Encapsulated said:

Royal Caribbean Heard and Answered:

Updated their FB Post:

Cuba Travel Policy Update:

Effective immediately, the U.S. government has implemented new regulations that prohibits travel from the U.S. to Cuba by cruise ship. This change requires us to immediately replace all Cuban ports. For all 2019 sailings on both Majesty of the Seas and Empress of the Seas, we have secured alternative ports and we are in the process of communicating the new itineraries to our guests and travel partners. For these guests, they will have the option of remaining on their sailing with the new itinerary and receiving a 50% refund or they may cancel their cruise and receive a full refund.

For 2020 sailings on both Majesty and Empress of the Seas, we are working to secure alternative itineraries and expect to be able to communicate to our guests and travel partners within the next week.

We are sorry for this unexpected and sudden change to our guests’ upcoming vacations and appreciate their understanding. Read more: 

and that is what i meant when i said it will be a major hit to the industry.  that is a LOT of refunding.... 

1 minute ago, ZandZ said:

and that is what i meant when i said it will be a major hit to the industry.  that is a LOT of refunding.... 

That RCI is already offering 50% refunds to those sticking to their bookings (and on the very day the new policy goes into effect) tells me that the industry is nervous about the blowback. It also confirms what you said about a hit to the industry. Guess we'll see how it shakes out. MSC is supposed to announce its revised itineraries by cob tomorrow.

• Like 1