Cuba.....uh, oh.

goosemay

From my Travel Agent yesterday, 14 nts cruise, 30th September:

”Good afternoon John, 

To confirm what we discussed on the phone, below are your options for your upcoming MSC sailing.

If you choose to stay on the sailing and accept the itinerary you will be entitled to $800 on board spend.

Anything you don’t spend will be refunded at the end of your sailing.

If you do not wish to continue with your sailing, you can cancel and receive a refund.

If you have any further questions, please just call in and we will be happy to help”

16 hours ago, mwhite991 said:

When I spoke with them today they stated I would only get $400 for my 2 week cruise because I only have one confirmation number. They told me if I had purchased 2 7 day cruises ,I would be entitled to the $800. Uggh

That stinks -- you're still paying for two cruises.  All of this makes us question whether we'd cruise with MSC in the future. 

12 minutes ago, Wyoming2010 said:

That stinks -- you're still paying for two cruises.  All of this makes us question whether we'd cruise with MSC in the future. 

If you have one booking for a 14 night cruise it's not 2 cruises.  There are advantages to booking one 14 night cruise, as opposed to 2 x 7 night cruises as a B2B.  Unfortunately there are downsides, too, and this is one of them!

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

If you have one booking for a 14 night cruise it's not 2 cruises.  There are advantages to booking one 14 night cruise, as opposed to 2 x 7 night cruises as a B2B.  Unfortunately there are downsides, too, and this is one of them!

True, just yesterday I was reading about another cruiser who said he saved $1000s by booking 1 14-night cruise instead of the 2 separate 7-night ones. Still, I'd be rather miffed as our friend mwhite991 was.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Oh, sorry -- I thought they had booked 2 7-day cruises. 

• Like 1