Customer Service

WTRLFC

22 hours ago, WTRLFC said:

Hi all,

We are soon to make our 2nd cruise with NCL and after a relativly straight forward first cruise, an issue occurred in the build up to our 2nd one that made us have to contact NCL customer service.

Sadly, the response has, to be honest, put us off from using NCL again!

The reply was full of spelling and grammatical errors (not a major issue) but worse of all it was obviously a cut and paste that failed to answer pretty much any of my questions and did give answers to things unrelated. Is this the norm for NCL or have we just been unlucky?

All I will say  (and please, do not take this in any bad intent and not being sarcastic) is try the MSC customer service to really appreciate the NCL (or any other cruise line's) one. Mind boggling!

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

All I will say  (and please, do not take this in any bad intent and not being sarcastic) is try the MSC customer service to really appreciate the NCL (or any other cruise line's) one. Mind boggling!

Could not be more true! I just spent another 20 minutes on hold and about 20 minutes actually explaining my issue to yet another MSC customer service rep last night. Still no resolution. Just another promise to escalate my issue. This had been going on for a full month now!

Edited by JamieLogical

We are about to take cruise #10 on NCL and have had a PCC starting with #2 I believe...there is some turnover and we have had some outstanding people (the one we have now for example) and have had some medium people but they have all been helpful.   Just my 2 cents.

Call center work in general has a high turnover rate. You are expected to handle a high call volume of usually angry or impatient customers who have been on hold forever - you get the picture :) Yes I have done some call center work just to survive and while I enjoy helping people I was usually hamstrung by slow awkward computer systems so while you are trying to find the answer to the first question - the customer is onto his next question. BTW you think the main NCL website is cumbersome when it  comes to anything but selling you a cruise - I will bet that the back end system is worse. Also asking for a supervisor will just slow things down. We usually have some way to escalate a call - just imagine 10 agents trying to escalate their calls to one supervisor. Also these people are probably working hard for minimum wage - maybe a bit more so have some patience the next time you call support.

4 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

Call center work in general has a high turnover rate. You are expected to handle a high call volume of usually angry or impatient customers who have been on hold forever - you get the picture 🙂 Yes I have done some call center work just to survive and while I enjoy helping people I was usually hamstrung by slow awkward computer systems so while you are trying to find the answer to the first question - the customer is onto his next question. BTW you think the main NCL website is cumbersome when it  comes to anything but selling you a cruise - I will bet that the back end system is worse. Also asking for a supervisor will just slow things down. We usually have some way to escalate a call - just imagine 10 agents trying to escalate their calls to one supervisor. Also these people are probably working hard for minimum wage - maybe a bit more so have some patience the next time you call support.

You are so right: I am retired from a call center, we were paid well considering the type of work it was and our benefits were outstanding; still we had a high turnover and I can remember hearing some to the conversations between the customer and the employee.. I would just shutter!!! those that were good agents moved up quickly from phone agent to management or left after a few years experience.  

30 minutes ago, mooche said:

How does one get a pcc?

I was assigned one after my first sailing with NCL. I have heard that you can call the main customer service number to ask who yours is or to be assigned one if you don't have one.

6 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I was assigned one after my first sailing with NCL. I have heard that you can call the main customer service number to ask who yours is or to be assigned one if you don't have one.

thanks Jamie!