is celebrity slipping, or is it human nature

Ktuluorion

11 hours ago, Ktuluorion said:

We sailed on the Summit last year and had a great experience in terms of food and service, with the notable downside being entertainment.  Based on that experience,  we booked a voyage on the eclipse out of Hawaii later this month. 

I've been reading reviews on this site for the eclipse, and it seems like every one cites bad/tasteless food, nickle and diming, high prices,  and bad entertainment.  Other than the entertainment, this is why we moved to Celebrity from NCL.  

We are in AQ (and did the same on summit), but does anyone know if celebrity is really getting worse in this regard,  or is this just people being commissioned?  It is kind of concerning me with my upcoming cruise to see such a high number of negative reviews.  I understand that it's not the same as 10 years ago,  but can I expect good food and service, or has this gotten worse even in the last year?  Is the Eclipse the problem (bad staff on that particular ship)?

Any feedback is appreciated!  Just hoping we have a great time. 

Not only slipping, but has slipped over the "EDGE".  As newly minted Elite Plus, after our recent Eclipse April 9th Pacific Coastal we have decided to move on. There has to be better ways to spend your vacation money.

11 hours ago, Ktuluorion said:

16 hours ago, ak1004 said:

We were on AI twice, once on 4 star once on 5 star, and were bored.

We are not big fans of just lying on the beach, and we don't drink. So except for taking couple tours on the island, it was just sitting most of the day on the pool, taking some walks in the area, and that's it. We were never bored on a cruise ship. Always something to do. If you don't go to the port, you have activities, enrichment lectures etc.

I went to a couple of lectures on Celebrity that were to put it mildly boring. We'd rather be out in the sun. The one's having to do with the next port were very thinly veiled sales meetings pointing you to places that give the cruise line 'kickbacks' and selling the lines excursions. Windstar on the other hand has great lectures with their port lectures being some of the most informative (Yes there is also some sales, but it doesn't feel like the top priority)

AI lectures that I've gone to were more like Celebrity than Windstar and some were basically 'invitations' to time share presentations. There... you're forewarned.

There are activities on both AI and Cruise vacations. I've never been to an AI that doesn't have daily activities.