Included Air - checked luggage included in int'l flights?

ShopperfiendTO

5 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Its a morass of problems when dealing with a 3rd party ticket ( buying from O, priceline, expedia etc)    This is one reason I always do my  own flights, hotels and cars       Speaking of which, if your a Marriott  Bonvoy card  holder member, and book cars through Marriott  you can save hundreds.   Example:  Zurich  7 day MBZ-a or BMW-3  586E through  priceline.budget, 326E marriott/hertz   !!!!!!   (Hertz direct: 562E)   

Marriott booking is the way to go.+ their new business card gives 6x for travel 4x for gas. meals and 2x for everything else 

Yep, I use Marriott all the time. I’m sitting in a free Marriott room right now using the free WiFi. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Marriott booking is the way to go.+ their new business card gives 6x for travel

Correction:

6X Marriott Bonvoy points 
for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
Not exactly 6X for travel 🙂
Sapphire Reserve card gives you 3X points for ALL travel expenses. A $10K/pp cruise gives you $60K UR points transferable to multiple airlines at 1:1 ratio. With Bonvoy card you’d have to spend $10K at a Marriott property to get 60K Bonvoy points (not an easy task). Those points COULD be converted to airline miles but only at 3:1 ration (i.e you get 20K miles vs 60K with Sapphire). No brainer for me :classic_biggrin:
Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

PS

Not to mention that a better Marriott property will cost you a hefty 50K+ points/night and I can get a business class ticket to Europe for 57K miles. Which is a better deal?

Disclaimer - I got the card but ONLY because of the 100K point bonus for opening it - don’t plan on using it much except occasionally when staying at a Marriott/SPG.

Also, while each card has a hefty $450 annual fee, Sapphire returns $300 of that fee for ANY travel expense (easy-peasy); Bonvoy will refund the $300 ONLY if you spend it at Marriott (restrictive).

End of rant 🙂

Edited by Paulchili

13 hours ago, Paulchili said:

PS

Not to mention that a better Marriott property will cost you a hefty 50K+ points/night and I can get a business class ticket to Europe for 57K miles. Which is a better deal?

Disclaimer - I got the card but ONLY because of the 100K point bonus for opening it - don’t plan on using it much except occasionally when staying at a Marriott/SPG.

Also, while each card has a hefty $450 annual fee, Sapphire returns $300 of that fee for ANY travel expense (easy-peasy); Bonvoy will refund the $300 ONLY if you spend it at Marriott (restrictive).

End of rant 🙂

Thats ok Paul....  Marriott works for me   I exceed your 10K by a wide margin as a "titanium" level.   I get a lot of  charges waived and massive up grades to suites..   I pay 70K for international non stop  rather than 57K for connections  and pay a whopping $5.60 for SFO-Zurich or Munich  business, with points. 

I am happy, retired and moving around this ol'e world, as you....................  Ciao-et bon vie

Edited by Hawaiidan

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

Dan - whatever works for you best is the right thing for you. 🙂

I just wanted to point some things out to others that may not be as familiar with all the options out there.

Cheers.

Paul.... yes  there are several ways to achieve the vast array of fantastic benefits that await people who  discover the  credit card an loyalty game...  I admit it  I am in a rut with Marriott and Star Alliance...   they both treat me well for decades, ( marriott gave me a week in London and Paris in a suite as a wedding present long ago...I cant forget that)

Keep well and keep traveling    Dan