LGBT Cruise Youtubers

RoyalVisit

I read this thread with great interest and then followed up by watching some of their videos. Turned out to be really useful. Gary is good at arranging his arguments systematically, repeating them over by looking from various angles, putting in different context and thus showing big picture, then concluding what are the pros and cons for different groups. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So glad I found this thread. In my YouTube watching the only one you mentioned I had stumbled on was Gary. He is very informative. I did not know he is gay. I have run across other gay travelers with YouTube channels. I like “Foxes Afloat” a British couple living on a narrowboat. And “Round the World Guys” who did great videos of their world travels and when Covid-19 shut down travel they bout a van and a dog and headed across North America.

I am excited to check out some of the channels mentioned here.

• Like 1

Just watched your “Welcome to the UK” video. Thanks so much. We are traveling there for the first time. You are correct that public transport on this side of the pond is dismal. I have already ordered us “Visitor Oyster Cards”  as we will be staying in London for a few days after the cruise. My understanding is the visitor card cannot be purchased in London. I am looking forward to watching your London video.

On 5/16/2022 at 2:57 PM, Putting on the Ritz said:

Just watched your “Welcome to the UK” video. Thanks so much. We are traveling there for the first time. You are correct that public transport on this side of the pond is dismal. I have already ordered us “Visitor Oyster Cards”  as we will be staying in London for a few days after the cruise. My understanding is the visitor card cannot be purchased in London. I am looking forward to watching your London video.

Amazing to hear! 

Hope you have an amazing trip and if youre on my cruise at any time, say hello 🙂

• 9 months later...

A newer YouTube channel worth checking out is See More Seas Cruises. It mostly focuses on Celebrity. Doug is the host. Never got his partner's name or where they're from. They look to be in their 50s, and from their shore excursion pics they enjoy being active but are not part of the circuit party crowd. Best video so far is a detailed breakdown of the different classes of ships in the Celebrity fleet, and what each has to offer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 9:50 AM, Clay Clayton said:

Also a fan of Ben and David but have to say I put less stock in their opinions since they started accepting complimentary cruises from the various lines.  

Ben and David are funny, but we have never found that their "taste" matches our taste in any category - from type of cruise to food to anything really.  They are just funny to us.  Not to slam them in any way... they are just not for us.

Edited by CDNPolar
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I don't always agree with Ben and David, but I enjoy watching their videos because they genuinely seem to be enjoying themselves. There are some cruise-tubers who seem to hate cruising. Never a smile and nary a spark of joy. We may not like the same things, but with Ben and David there's no doubt that they are having fun. 

On 3/26/2023 at 6:13 PM, fshepinc said:

I don't always agree with Ben and David, but I enjoy watching their videos because they genuinely seem to be enjoying themselves. There are some cruise-tubers who seem to hate cruising. Never a smile and nary a spark of joy. We may not like the same things, but with Ben and David there's no doubt that they are having fun. 

I do like them, but it seems they have become too cosy with the cruise lines. I really wonder when was the last time they actually paid for a cruise.

• 2 months later...

There are several YouTube channels out there by LGBTQ youtubers. TravelBlogJaime, Tips for Travellers, Cruise With Ben and David, Cruise Monkeys, Cruise Buoys, Chad Cruisers, High Seas Escapades, George and Dan, Tom and Dom Travel, JJ Cruise.  

Wow seems like all I do us watch LGBTQ youtubers. How do I find the time to go to work?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

I watch all of the aforementioned channels (and others) and enjoy the variety of opinions and perspectives shared, especially for cruise lines that don't frequent Australia. I might also give myself a plug - YouTube.com/thecruiseandtravelguy

Edited by tazza_0712
  • Like 2

On 7/10/2023 at 4:19 PM, CDNPolar said:

Here is our channel - growing slowly.

https://www.youtube.com/@lktraveljournal4554

We watched the Douro and Egypt cruises last night and really enjoyed them. The quality of the recording along with the music was great. Loved the drone shots too. If you have one more subscriber today you know who it is. 😁

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AvidCruiserToo said:

We watched the Douro and Egypt cruises last night and really enjoyed them. The quality of the recording along with the music was great. Loved the drone shots too. If you have one more subscriber today you know who it is. 😁

Thanks for your comments!  My husband produces all these on our return home.  He (We) do it only for our own enjoyment and memories of the trip.  We have never intended these to be "commercial" but we do now share them to a wider audience as our travel vlog.  One short movie is so easy to sit and watch especially when we return home - between the two of us - with in excess of 5000 still and videos combined.  I know that sounds like a lot and it is, but consider when you are taking a shot, we often take two or three to ensure we have the best to choose from.  Part of it is slimming down the selection and removing duplicates and triplicates first.

In the Douro one, there was in fact a Drone, but there are so many legal complications to travelling with an using a Drone that this was our first and only use of it.  We had to get permission from the Portuguese government and then know and follow the rules in every area of the city and in every square...  it was difficult.  We had to have permission from the ship's captain too.  

Just about to embark on a River Cruise through Eastern Europe so the video generally takes about 60 days from our return before it is done...  so end'ish of October?

Oh, and other than the one with the Drone, these are ONLY iPhone stills and video.  We don't use anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/@lktraveljournal4554

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I started watching them all six months ago, but have whittled it down to just a few.  While there are a lot of fun vlogs, I really prefer the style of "Emma Cruises" and Gary Bembridge's "Tips for Travellers" videos.  Their videos are well-edited, packed full of useful information, and are mostly free of drama.  I was so surprised with the drama whipped up by some vloggers.  Ocean cruises are in reality pretty drama-free.  Most cruisers are looking for a quiet place to sip a drink and read or sunbathe.  Choosing the cruise line that best fits your cruise style is so important.  With all the information readily available on the Internet, there is no reason for anyone to be disappointed with their cruise line, food choices, cabin decor or entertainment.  If you don't like kids, book your cruises when schools are in session.  If you can't cruise without a roller coaster on your roof, focus on Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Norweigian.  There is a cruise and a cruise line for everyone.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Another great channel is The Weekend Cruiser.  Not specific gay content, but a very unique channel.  He lives in South Florida and takes a cruise just about every weekend.  This has him repeating certain ships a lot, and he used to Loyal to Royal, but has since ventured to other lines.  His videos are also very informative for solo cruisers.  

http://www.youtube.com/@TheWeekendCruiser

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 4:03 PM, ArizonaStorm said:

I started watching them all six months ago, but have whittled it down to just a few.  While there are a lot of fun vlogs, I really prefer the style of "Emma Cruises" and Gary Bembridge's "Tips for Travellers" videos.  Their videos are well-edited, packed full of useful information, and are mostly free of drama. 

These are my two main go-to's as well, along with "Paul and Carole Love to Travel".  UK-based as well, and somewhere in the middle between Gary and Emma in terms of style and what they cover.  Not gay, but certainly very gay friendly as they hang with all the other gay vloggers on some cruises and seem to be having a whale of a time.  

Just something about those British cruise vloggers tickles me...   

On 6/8/2023 at 9:55 AM, djvand said:

Great thread!  My husband makes fun of me for watching all these channels on Youtube.  I am glad to know I am not the only one who does this!

I am in the same situation with my husband, but let me warn you if you haven't discovered already, this can be a very expensive pastime.  Now about that Hapag-Lloyd cruise on Europa 2 to Norway...