Gold on RCI and new on Celebrity; Point Question

teacher2cruiser

I have 24 points with RCI (gold level and one cruise from Platinum). I have a cruise booked with Celebrity (Concierge  7 nights in June 2019) and then another with Celebrity (Concierge 7 nights in June 2020).  Do the points merge since Celebrity and RCI are owned by same company?  Any benefits on Celebrity by being a past RCI customer?

If anyone can explain this simply (if there are benefits), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Here is a chart describing the reciprocal benefits from a couple of years ago.  As you can see once you reach Platinum you will granted Select reciprocal benefits on Celebrity (not points just benefits when you sail).

image.thumb.jpeg.fde53e8d4b8230923ad23a905b75580a.jpeg

As you can see on the chart they match levels but not points.  So if you are Platinum on RCI, you would be Select on Celebrity.  There's really not much value until you hit Elite or Diamond anyway.  But even if you get a status match you would still have zero points on that first cruise.

As you say , you have not reached Platinum so you will be Classic on Celebrity. You start at 0 points now but will get the benefits. You need to sail again on RCCL to move up to Platinum and be Select on Celebrity. Point never combine between these 2 cruislines

Edited by gold1953