Azamara Newbie Pricing Questions

Stateroom_Sailor

First off, I would like to thank GrandmaCruising for answering some of my questions about UK pricing.  We just booked an Open Passage booking onboard Celebrity Eclipse.  A few questions other Celebrity cruisers have are:

1. Are US prices similarly locked in once a booking is created?  I understand in the UK, a confirmed booking made onboard may be changed once, otherwise you lose your deposit.

2.  Has anyone had any problems using a future cruise certificate, and combining it with current Azamara offers?  Some seem to have had problems using Celebrity's old future cruise program.

3.  Is there any disadvantage to using a TA, pricing and maneuverability wise?

Thanks so much.  We look forward to trying Azamara.

5 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

First off, I would like to thank GrandmaCruising for answering some of my questions about UK pricing.  We just booked an Open Passage booking onboard Celebrity Eclipse.  A few questions other Celebrity cruisers have are:

1. Are US prices similarly locked in once a booking is created?  I understand in the UK, a confirmed booking made onboard may be changed once, otherwise you lose your deposit.

2.  Has anyone had any problems using a future cruise certificate, and combining it with current Azamara offers?  Some seem to have had problems using Celebrity's old future cruise program.

3.  Is there any disadvantage to using a TA, pricing and maneuverability wise?

Thanks so much.  We look forward to trying Azamara.

Welcome Stateroom Sailor! 

Thank you for booking an Azamara Open Passage ❤️

1. Once you select a cruise and apply your Open Passage the fare is locked in.

2. You should not have difficulty using your Open Passage certificate.

3. No disadvantage at all with using a TA. In fact I recommend that you do...find one that’s knowledgeable in selling cruises, preferably Azamara, and is someone you’re comfortable with.

Do you have a destination in mind? Have you seen that we just today released itineraries through Q1 2022! Lots to choose from now.

I have found that with Celebrity and Azamara that the TAs who do a lot of business with the lines are the ones who can provide the best deals.  Those deals are all better than you can than you can booking directly with Celebrity or Azamara.

If you call a few travel agents, some will offer better prices and some will offer better deals in terms of onboard credits.  The credits you get from your agent is almost always refundable (as opposed to the obc you get from Celebrity or Azamara, which you have to spend or lose).  If you book with latest online Celebrity or Azamara price with more OBC, then when the price drops, you can get that price drop.  If you book at a lower price with your TA and then Celebrity or Azamara reduces its price, but that price is the same as you signed up for, you really gain nothing.  That's why I try to book early on at the current X or AZ price and then take advantage of price reductions. The TA may or may not change their OBC amount, but I've always wound up ahead.  That has been the case on my last three AZ and X cruises.  The key, to me, is finding those TAs who are high volume with those two lines (and others) who still have time to deal with me personally and look out for me and advise me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

I have found that with Celebrity and Azamara that the TAs who do a lot of business with the lines are the ones who can provide the best deals.  Those deals are all better than you can than you can booking directly with Celebrity or Azamara.

If you call a few travel agents, some will offer better prices and some will offer better deals in terms of onboard credits.  The credits you get from your agent is almost always refundable (as opposed to the obc you get from Celebrity or Azamara, which you have to spend or lose).  If you book with latest online Celebrity or Azamara price with more OBC, then when the price drops, you can get that price drop.  If you book at a lower price with your TA and then Celebrity or Azamara reduces its price, but that price is the same as you signed up for, you really gain nothing.  That's why I try to book early on at the current X or AZ price and then take advantage of price reductions. The TA may or may not change their OBC amount, but I've always wound up ahead.  That has been the case on my last three AZ and X cruises.  The key, to me, is finding those TAs who are high volume with those two lines (and others) who still have time to deal with me personally and look out for me and advise me.  

Good advice for USA guests. In my experience UK agents offer little incentives and have very poor product knowledge 

• Like 2

Thanks for all the advice.  Currently we have our open passage attached to a large warehouse TA.  We booked Liberty of the Seas for next year though a prominent online site, at $300 pp less than any other known TA.  I am assuming that is who some are referring to.  We can also pay with an American Express Gold Card.

Our first cruise will likely be a transpacific in 2022 or beyond.  2019 had an attractive itinerary.

5 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Thanks for all the advice.  Currently we have our open passage attached to a large warehouse TA.  We booked Liberty of the Seas for next year though a prominent online site, at $300 pp less than any other known TA.  I am assuming that is who some are referring to.  We can also pay with an American Express Gold Card.

Our first cruise will likely be a transpacific in 2022 or beyond.  2019 had an attractive itinerary.

No, it's really not prominent websites that offer the best deals.  Cruise Critic doesn't allow discussion of travel agents, but when you're on your next cruise and run into some regulars on any line,  you should ask around.  

• Like 3