INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS CRUISE COMPASS

jamon

8 minutes ago, jamon said:

Thanks Host Clarea..do you know what night is lobster night on this 5 night cruise.

Just a wild guess, but I suspect night 2, since that would be the only formal night.

Thanks that is what I was thinking...will do the buy one get one Chops dinner on night one free and both myself and wife will each do one and bring along are two grown children thereby costing us only two dinner charges for the four people. We are Pinnacle and is that allowed?????

We were on the April 06th  5 Night sailing and we did not have Lobster on the menu any night. Lobster was available every night as one of the  "Premium" selections.  I have attached the menu from Day 2 - Formal Night.

20190407_174326.thumb.jpg.b7b180a1f555e7e52984b3f6e4a7b42d.jpg

• Like 1

We leave next week. I had assumed every cruise has a lobster night, so I was confused when I saw it for a charge on the menu. I don't eat it, but hubby is looking forward to it! I don't know if I should break it to him before we go or let him find out during the cruise. 😞

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Just a wild guess, but I suspect night 2, since that would be the only formal night.

Modifying my answer since I just remembered that several people have reported no more lobster on cruises less than 7 nights.

1 hour ago, Crunchymom said:

We leave next week. I had assumed every cruise has a lobster night, so I was confused when I saw it for a charge on the menu. I don't eat it, but hubby is looking forward to it! I don't know if I should break it to him before we go or let him find out during the cruise. 😞

Isn't the upcharge a cold water Maine lobster vs. the formal night warm water?

And there is a kids menu in the main dining room although this was the first cruise where my kids decided to try the adult menu.  They picked from both on some nights.

3 minutes ago, detroitavant said:

Isn't the upcharge a cold water Maine lobster vs. the formal night warm water? ...

Correct, plus the upcharge lobster is a whole lobster and the "free" lobster is just the tail.

22 hours ago, detroitavant said:

Isn't the upcharge a cold water Maine lobster vs. the formal night warm water?

And there is a kids menu in the main dining room although this was the first cruise where my kids decided to try the adult menu.  They picked from both on some nights.

Thank you. I'm thinking I should tell him before we go. Hmm crazy. 😕 Anyway, I figured there was a kids menu. My oldest is 15 and just started with this teen appetite thing, so I'm thinking he'll be ok with ordering off the adult menu, but my other kids I don't think so.