Explorer suite pictures/layout vs Splendor suite on rssc.com

Coconutguy

Thanks Sheila --  we had a similar closet in the SS Aft suite on the Mariner.  While I could live with it I didn't like it.  the only access to the main bathroom is via the closet so you bump up against clothes hanging on both sides!  And the steward/ess has to go through your closet to clean the bathroom..  It was the one thing I disliked about teh SS aft suite.

Interesting that the Grand Suite (which we have for "our" cruise) is not getting an update.  Perhaps Regent feels it is "grand" enough!!

Thanks for posting that article Sheila.  I do wonder how people get by the foot of the bed as it is so close to to the wall.  Also do not care for the configuration of the living room (narrow and facing the wall).  Guess I just prefer a more open concept.

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Thanks for posting that article Sheila.  I do wonder how people get by the foot of the bed as it is so close to to the wall.

TC,

You have been fooled by an optical illusion due to the angle of the photograph.  Actually, there is a two to three foot clearance between the end of the bed and the wall.  The wall distance between the window curtain and the beginning of the bedroom gives you a truer picture of the distance. Also see the previous photograph in the article. 

Dave

7 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Thanks for posting that article Sheila.  I do wonder how people get by the foot of the bed as it is so close to to the wall.  Also do not care for the configuration of the living room (narrow and facing the wall).  Guess I just prefer a more open concept.

Just lived in this suite for two weeks. There was plenty of room between the foot of the bed and the wall. The living room, which faces the large TV is, of course, narrower than in the Explorer suite. Price difference is huge. I would love to stay in the Regent Suite but my pocketbook doesn’t match my taste. The Superior Suite is lovely, however, it is missing everything I mentioned in post #25..for a port intensive cruise it’s fine, but a more relaxed itinerary calls for an upgrade for me. 

Everyone had his own opinion regarding likes/ dislikes and pocketbook issues. 

Just my opinion!

Sheila

Just came across the original deck plan for Explorer (when we were on the christening cruise).  It is amazing how many suites have changed categories from when the ship was launched.  Glad that I have something to refer to (although I like to forget that so many Seven Seas Suites became Explorer suites and now cost so much more money).