Which reviews to read

crucero

We are sailing on Panorama over New Year’s Eve! I have done almost no research like I normally do. If I want to read reviews to get an idea of the ship, which other ships would compare to Panorama?

We also booked Mardi Gras for 8/2020, but I’m guessing there will be no comparable reviews for that one as it is a larger ship. Let me know if I’m wrong!

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas!

Agree with JennyB.  Deck plans look very similar to the Horizon.

The Panorama doesn't launch until November 2019, so reviews will be few and far between by your sailing.  However, she is a very much anticipated ship so you might hook into some "live" reviews.

Assuming you're doing the first or second Mardi Gras cruise in 2020 when it goes out of Denmark.  Thus we'll be looking to you for reviews as this ship is a whole different class.

• Thanks 1

Vista and Horizon are good for ship stuff.

If those are Caribbean ports, you may also want to look at reviews that go to the ports you'll be visiting.  Even if they're not new to you, maybe you'll get an idea of something new to do, or something has changed since your last visit.  

When i want to get in the cruising mood, i read any and all reviews, even if I'm not planning that ship or itinerary anytime soon.  But some people are just good storytellers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone! The Panorama for NYE to Mexico from LA and the Mardi Gras from Denmark. All new ships and new ports for us every one! I’m pretty excited which is why it happened we booked 2 cruises within a week of each other. It’s always a bit dangerous when I get the bug. Ha!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 1:23 PM, crucero said:

We are sailing on Panorama over New Year’s Eve! I have done almost no research like I normally do. If I want to read reviews to get an idea of the ship, which other ships would compare to Panorama?

We also booked Mardi Gras for 8/2020, but I’m guessing there will be no comparable reviews for that one as it is a larger ship. Let me know if I’m wrong!

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas!

I would look at the reviews for the AIDAnova as it is part of the class as the Mardi Gras (Excellence class of ships) for the DECK PLAN/CABIN reviews. Otherwise, you would have to wait until 2020 to find legitimate reviews.