Bringing "wine" on board

Kri1970

Hi, all. So we are going on our first ever cruise in December, and I have lately been drinking a bottled wine Bellini (includes the peach nectar and wine premixed in the bottle), anyone know if I would be allowed to bring that on as my wine on the boat? It clearly looks like a wine bottle, is a wine bottle, just wasn't sure because of technically being a "mixed drink". 

Technically, Carnival restricts it to wine or champagne and their FAQ's say any other form of alcohol isn't allowed, but I've seen other people say they've taken similar bottles without problems. The ones who check what you bring on board are terminal security, not Carnival personnel, so they may not even pay attention to what it actually is as long as the bottle looks like wine or champagne. In our experience, they didn't even look at the bottles. A few years ago, I had a couple bottles of wine in a carry-on and last year we had 2 bottles in a wine carrying case. They didn't open them either time to even bother looking. Your mileage may vary.

On the Paradise last week, we had our wine bottles in our backpack carryon bag and they didn’t even open the bag and look at them. They spent more time looking at our 12 pack of coke making sure the seams weren’t parted or messed with. Lol 

We are not wine drinkers, but do like a nice bottle of sparkling grape or apple juice (will even order it in the dining room with dinner from time to time).  We have carried this on, it looks just like champagne with the gold foil and all.  Never had them bat an eye.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, MistyRo76 said:

On the Paradise last week, we had our wine bottles in our backpack carryon bag and they didn’t even open the bag and look at them. They spent more time looking at our 12 pack of coke making sure the seams weren’t parted or messed with. Lol 

We had a similar experience last year in Miami. Two wine bottles in a wine carrier that they never opened. Then we had two 12-packs of soda, one Pepsi, one Dr. Pepper. Well, I had accidentally dropped the case of Dr. Pepper out in the parking lot and a few broke open. So I put the remaining loose cans in a reusable grocery bag. The sealed 12-pack went through first and they never gave it a second look. Then the loose cans in the bag went through. The guy asked me what was in the cans. I told him Dr. Pepper (I thought that was obvious). He asked, "Not beer?" I can guarantee you I'm not going through the effort of canning beer inside soda cans just to sneak a few beers on board.

Edited by Organized Chaos

On 4/24/2019 at 6:54 PM, Anyislandwilldo said:

In New Orleans they took my wine bottle out and had me show it to a security officer at the end of the scanner.  She held it up and turned it around and said ok.  Not sure what she was looking for.

Looking to see if it was liquor.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:14 PM, Kri1970 said:

Hi, all. So we are going on our first ever cruise in December, and I have lately been drinking a bottled wine Bellini (includes the peach nectar and wine premixed in the bottle), anyone know if I would be allowed to bring that on as my wine on the boat? It clearly looks like a wine bottle, is a wine bottle, just wasn't sure because of technically being a "mixed drink". 

Peach nectar is not alcohol, just a fruit puree. You are definitely allowed this.