Celebrity MoveUp Offer Tracker - Please Do Not Post Questions Here!

hvbaskey

19 minutes ago, ben8r said:

But then they had the 50% off minimum bid deal so I lowered the FV bid to $250, bid on CS for $1520 ($1500 was minimum now) and lowered RS to $1750. 

I’ve never heard of a sale on move up bids. How did you find out about it?

4 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Not the prior poster, but for me the sale/promotion was just there when I checked on status of my prior bids. Was "limited time" and lowered the minimum bids for all available categories. I'm assuming the promotion was hoping to spark some bids from people who otherwise wouldn't. My theory is that it shouldn't affect the actual winning bids, which of course is based on highest bid (not lowest). Perhaps it actually causes bidders to increase their bids out of great of more people entering the process...

6 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

I read about it in this thread; people talked about the minimum bids being 50% less than before (maximum was the same). So I checked and my cruise now had that too so I lowered my bids.

5th June on Sillouette, two couples both bidding for a suite, looking reasonable availability with 14 suites showing (in a ghost bid)  available last night.

As of this morning that has reduced to 7, I wonder if the reduction is the first run of "move up's". Seems a bit late for guests paying £15K to be planning a holiday!

Still pending on both our applications but may pull the plug today as it would be a disaster if only one of us got a suite (with all the access restrictions/restaurants associated with the retreat).

Your thoughts?

55 minutes ago, Naptonboy said:

As of this morning that has reduced to 7, I wonder if the reduction is the first run of "move up's".

Could be. Has there been an increase in the number of non-suite cabins available (released as a result of the “flow down” from successful Move Up bids?

Complicating factor in your case is needing two successful bids. Always a risk of only one success as it is virtually impossible to synchronise the total value of your bids exactly. Even if your friends have booked an equivalent cabin as you at the same price you will not know the value to Celebrity of any other Move Ups as a result of the flow down of yours. 

Newwesty..

Thanks for your thoughts.

Annoyed with myself for only doing "ghost bids" for the suites such that there is no way of seeing if the reduction of available suites is matched by increased avaialbility in other cabins.

With regard to throwing in the towel, (which we may well do with "needing" two suites with only seven now avaialbe) does anyone know is the 72 hour cutoff for cancelling bids related to the departure time or three clear days before the departure date?

This was posted two hours ago on the other thread on Move Up (lower down the page):

Just got our MoveUp bid to Aqua 👌👌accepted for our cruise next week in Scandinavia. Anyone experienced Aqua recently on the Silhouette?

Suggests your thought about initial batch of Move Up bids having happened may be correct

1 hour ago, Naptonboy said:

Newwesty..

Thanks for your thoughts.

Annoyed with myself for only doing "ghost bids" for the suites such that there is no way of seeing if the reduction of available suites is matched by increased avaialbility in other cabins.

With regard to throwing in the towel, (which we may well do with "needing" two suites with only seven now avaialbe) does anyone know is the 72 hour cutoff for cancelling bids related to the departure time or three clear days before the departure date?

Sometimes best to call and just upgrade.  You might be surprised at the actual cost.  You get all perks and can pick your cabin.  May not be that much more then a good bid

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Naptonboy said:

Seems to be different in the UK. Once you have paid the final amount Celebrity will not entertain any changes put forward by the travel agency.

Not my experience. I am in the UK and upgraded via my TA after final payment. Celebrity were happy to accommodate

35 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I've heard that the big Warehouse store doesn't.

Can confirm that the big warehouse store does not participate in the move up bid process. I tried last year. The email back from Celebrity said that they do not participate in the move up program "at this time" so maybe there is hope for the future? I got that reply in May of 2022.

On 5/30/2023 at 4:31 PM, ben8r said:

Update from a prior post:

• Ship:  Celebrity Infinity
  • Length of Cruise: 7 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: June 10, 2023
  • Date email offer received: Never, but I searched moveup and was able to sign up
  • Captain’s Club Tier [“PREVIEW” = first Celebrity Cruise]: Select
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: TA
  • Current Cabin: Sunset Veranda
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes

If YES -  Bidding Details:

• Cabin Category: Family Veranda, Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite
  • Bid Offer: S1: $250, $1520, $1750
  • Notification Date: None, I just check the moveup website and the status changed today 5/30
  • Accepted / Rejected: FV and CS: Expired; RS: Pending

General Comments (offer details, etc.) I changed my bids A LOT. I wanted a Celebrity Suite or higher as my adult-ish son was a late add on to the trip and wanted some privacy. At minimum a FV would be OK but preferred a suite with separate bedroom. The Celebrity Suite was a higher minimum bid than the Royal Suite, which was weird. And at first I bid $2500pp for RS and $400pp for FV only. But then they had the 50% off minimum bid deal so I lowered the FV bid to $250, bid on CS for $1520 ($1500 was minimum now) and lowered RS to $1750. As of my last check, there were 3 RS rooms, 2 CS and 4 FV. 

Upgrade Confirmed! Royal Suite! Really saved a lot of money due to the lowering of the minimums by 50%. I'm glad I changed my bids.

• Like 8

On 5/25/2023 at 4:58 PM, 69_Starship_420 said:
  • Before Update
  • Ship:  Celebrity Beyond
  • Length of Cruise: 11 nights/12 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: June 5, 2023
  • Date email offer received: March 23, 2023
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Direct
  • Current Cabin: Edge Stateroom w/ Infinite Veranda (E2, 7137)

• Cabin Category: Sky Suite, AquaClass Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite, Edge Villa
  • Bid Offer: S1: $2600, AS: $2600, CS: $3500, RS: $5000, EV: $5325
  • Notification Date: Pending
  • Accepted / Rejected: S1, CS, RS, EV: Expired; AS: Pending

General Comments (offer details, etc.) Others on this forum have talked about how having one bid pending means that your bid will be accepted, so I am pretty sure we have scored the upgrade.

• Ship:  Celebrity Beyond
  • Length of Cruise: 11 nights/12 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: June 5, 2023
  • Date email offer received: March 23, 2023
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Direct
  • Current Cabin: Edge Stateroom w/ Infinite Veranda (E2, 7137)

• Cabin Category: Sky Suite, AquaClass Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite, Edge Villa
  • Bid Offer: S1: $2600, AS: $2600, CS: $3500, RS: $5000, EV: $5325
  • Notification Date: Pending
  • Accepted / Rejected: S1, AS, CS, RS, EV: Pending

General Comments (offer details, etc.) Two days ago, they allowed modifications to our bids, but now, they are closed.  This time, however, they all say pending, rather than the quoted text from a week ago.

• Like 1

• Ship:  Silhouette
  • Length of Cruise:12
  • Cruise Sail Date:July 24
  • Date email offer received:May
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Direct on board
  • Current Cabin:Prime Concierge
  • Bid?  Yes/No:Yes

• Cabin Category: place winning category, if accepted (all category offers, can be mentioned in comments)
  • Bid Offer:Aqua min £80   Aqua Suite £325
  • Notification Date:
  • Accepted / Rejected 

General Comments (offer details, etc.)

Aqua £100

Aqua Suite £340

Had recent offers on Infinity May 24th when in Aqua but didn’t bid even when later reduced 50% because wanted to try Aqua for 1st time.

Edited by killaypirate

• Cruise Sail Date:July 1
  • Captain’s Club Tier First cruise
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Costco Travel U.K.
  • Current Cabin:Aqua Class

• Cabin Category: place winning category, if accepted (all category offers, can be mentioned in comments)
  • Bid Offer:Sky Suite £425 (strong) Sunset sky suite £515 (poor)  Aqua Sky Suite £515 (fair) CS £525 (poor) RS £565 (poor)
  • Notification Date: put offer in 24th May was offering 50% reduced minimum payments
  • Accepted / Rejected  : Accepted 6th June

5th June other offers all expired except the Sunset Sky suite which remained at Pending (unable to modify), so knew it was likely to be confirmed.

Only one sky suite was available, but there were multiple Aqua Suite and Sunset Suite.  Bid was strangely low for Sky Suite (highest bid available was £650 ish), while for the others I think it was max over £1k.

Sunset Sky suite still for sale and was nearly double what was paid for the Aqua Class (even after including the extra £1030!), so have a bargain I think.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rattla said:

• Bid Offer:Sky Suite £425 (strong) Sunset sky suite £515 (poor)  Aqua Sky Suite £515 (fair) CS £525 (poor) RS £565 (poor)
  • Notification Date: put offer in 24th May was offering 50% reduced minimum payments

5th June other offers all expired except the Sunset Sky suite which remained at Pending (unable to modify), so knew it was likely to be confirmed.

Only one sky suite was available, but there were multiple Aqua Suite and Sunset Suite.  Bid was strangely low for Sky Suite (highest bid available was £650 ish), while for the others I think it was max over £1k.

Sunset Sky suite still for sale and was nearly double what was paid for the Aqua Class (even after including the extra £1030!), so have a bargain I think.

Congrats, can I just check that was £425 per person? 

42 minutes ago, debsjc said:

Congrats, can I just check that was £425 per person? 

Yes it was was that per person, however it was the sunset suite bid that was successful at £515pp, so £1030 total.

Buying that now though would have cost nearly £6k more, so happy to win at that price!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, rattla said:

When did you put your bid in? I recall having the option late last week, but we were away and I wanted to do some more research, when I got home at the weekend, they seem to have changed the requirements from within 30 days to within 21 days.

4 minutes ago, Bibblejw said:

When did you put your bid in? I recall having the option late last week, but we were away and I wanted to do some more research, when I got home at the weekend, they seem to have changed the requirements from within 30 days to within 21 days.

The trip was only booked 2nd week of May, and I tried the upgrade via the website about 2 weeks ago and it was showing as available to bid.  So I put my bid in on 24th May which was about 33 days before sailing?

I didn’t see the email, but that is in my FIL,s name as I am doing all the booking etc on their behalf.  I just simply checked the upgrade occasionally and it showed up that day, not sure how long it had maybe been available, but can’t have been long before that.

This is an update to a past post. X cut the move up bid amounts in half. We will see what happens.

• Ship:  Apex

• Length of Cruise: 7-Nights

• Cruise Sail Date: June 18

• Date email offer received: April 5 original May 12 with offer reduced by 50% 

• Captain’s Club Tier Classic

• Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Onboard transferred to TA

• Current Cabin: Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda

• Bid?  Yes/No: Yes

• If YES -  Bidding Details:

• Cabin Category: Edge Villa $2,000 pp 

• Royal $2,500 pp

• Celebrity Suite $1,500 pp

• Aqua Sky Suite 850 pp

• Sunset Sky $850 pp

• Sky Suite $850 pp 

• Bid Offer: Sky Suite $900 pp

• Notification Date: I have not received the acceptance but I have a new cabin assignment

• Accepted / Rejected Accepted

General Comments (offer details, etc.) New Cabin and a charge on my card, our Sky Suite bid is accepted.

• Like 6