Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

We are only 3 days from Icon of the Seas media event on October 18th, and they haven't publicly announced anything. Not even other "Making an Icon" video.

I find this very strange.

Do you think the event will be streamed?

Edited by raketoplan
Adding info

1 hour ago, Tough as Leather said:

A screen grab from the new XPLOREMEDIA video above. Those are the funnels that I circled I presume! What is going on with them. And the azipods?!

1959874930_XPLORERMEDIAOCT1520228.thumb.jpg.992e0cfbe9c25ceb37a4f74f8d5d7d98.jpg

Yep, the funnels have been there at least from the August when I first time saw them. These photos are from yesterday. At least some of the Azipods are already installed.

2022-10-15 22_02_39-Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

2022-10-15 22_05_32-Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Fairsky84 said:

The funnels appear different from what was photographed in September:
1012505458_ScreenShot2022-09-14at1_15_43

Are these the same, just shot from another angle? Are they the tops of the funnels that will be added to what we see above? Am I missing something?

Same pieces, they have now added some white decorations on them.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 12:27 AM, John&LaLa said:

It also gets use for concerts, movies, sports events, etc..

On the Spring Wonder of the Seas TA Mike Szwajkowsk organised a Wonder of the Seas Music Festival for a Sea Day.  All the musical artists from around the ship had a 20-25 mins showcase and at the end all came together in a We Are the World style to sing September by Earth Wind and Fire.  It was a marvellous afternoon.

And I agree Playmakers was a great addition.  I am not a massive sports fan but it was a relaxed alternative to the pub or Schooner. 🍺

19 hours ago, raketoplan said:

Robotic bartender like on Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas is my guess.

image.thumb.png.b90d0deb6482b143e93edbafeb6f7aad.png

Methinks this could also be one of those "robotic arm ride" things like what they are putting on MSC Seascape.  It's sort of like a roller coaster simulator type thing I think.  I doubt they would tease this if it is an existing feature on RC - I believe that this post is teasing something like what it linked below.

Source: https://www.cruisehive.com/msc-cruises-reveals-first-ever-robotic-arm-ride-at-sea/80237