Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

And a lower deck, like 8 or 9 would help, but a pair on deck 12 could work, that is why I wish we could share when someone finds a good TA But I also realize that shouldn't be part of cruisecritic, just a wish on my part.  Funny RCCL couldn't offer me 2 on deck 12 and only offered one.  

4 minutes ago, T-2 said:

And a lower deck, like 8 or 9 would help, but a pair on deck 12 could work, that is why I wish we could share when someone finds a good TA But I also realize that shouldn't be part of cruisecritic, just a wish on my part.  Funny RCCL couldn't offer me 2 on deck 12 and only offered one.  

One tactic many TAs use with a new ship like this is to reserve a whole block of cabins and then let their clients know "We still have exclusive cabins on that ship!" There are probably a lot of blocks of cabins being held by various TAs and agencies right now. Good luck, I wish we could share TA information on here as well, but since the site is owned by TripAdvisor, it makes sense they don't want us to send business to competing entities. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, T-2 said:

Look aft and you will find what you seek... channeling Yoda.

8 minutes ago, topanga49er said:

Look aft and you will find what you seek... channeling Yoda.

Hi T2.  I am going to attach a bunch of screen shots directly from the RCCL website so you can book online w/out a TA.  Here we go; I have never tried this before...

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 7.45.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 7.46.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 7.47.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 7.48.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 7.48.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 7.49.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 7.49.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 7.49.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 7.50.01 PM.png

• Thanks 1

I'm going to try calling RCCL first thing in the morning because when I tried to book online it said there was nothing for 2 passengers in a cabin except those I mentioned, a few on deck 14 and a single cabin on deck 12, but I knew others were being shut out because they were not more than 2 people per cabin.  It can't hurt to ask.  I got that they might need to maximize capacity to speed up their recovery, but I would sure love to sail on her that week.  Fingers crossed and I will share what they say.  

11 minutes ago, T-2 said:

I'm going to try calling RCCL first thing in the morning because when I tried to book online it said there was nothing for 2 passengers in a cabin except those I mentioned, a few on deck 14 and a single cabin on deck 12, but I knew others were being shut out because they were not more than 2 people per cabin.  It can't hurt to ask.  I got that they might need to maximize capacity to speed up their recovery, but I would sure love to sail on her that week.  Fingers crossed and I will share what they say.  

I just counted 13 available cabins on deck 12 when I went to make a booking just now.

Not sure why you’re not seeing them.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser
  • Like 1

I couldn't stand the suspense, I did go back into RCCL online booking tonight and they had opened up cabins that they did not offer me on Monday.  Scored the perfect pair of balconies on a mid level floor aft and now I just have to figure out how to ever get to sleep tonight, excited more than words can say.  For anyone else who experienced the same struggle booking cabins for just 2 people, everyone who helped me was on target, they are opening things up as I was just able to book 2 cabins with only 2 pax in each.  There are some awesome locations now available.  THANK YOU everyone!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

One tactic many TAs use with a new ship like this is to reserve a whole block of cabins and then let their clients know "We still have exclusive cabins on that ship!" There are probably a lot of blocks of cabins being held by various TAs and agencies right now. Good luck, I wish we could share TA information on here as well, but since the site is owned by TripAdvisor, it makes sense they don't want us to send business to competing entities. 🙂 

The longest a TA can hold a cabin without a name and deposit is 30 days and even that requires a $50 deposit per room.  

What TA's can do is block off group space that Royal offers.  Royal will then pull inventory in order to meet those group obligations. 

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The longest a TA can hold a cabin without a name and deposit is 30 days and even that requires a $50 deposit per room.  

What TA's can do is block off group space that Royal offers.  Royal will then pull inventory in order to meet those group obligations. 

That's not entirely correct. Depending on the cruise line, the cruise itself and the standing of the TA with the cruise line, TAs can hold a cabins up to 60 days out from the cruise. In some cases it's 30 days, but in others, its up to 60 days before the cruise and then the cruise line takes them back into inventory. 

13 minutes ago, WheresWalter said:

That's not entirely correct. Depending on the cruise line, the cruise itself and the standing of the TA with the cruise line, TAs can hold a cabins up to 60 days out from the cruise. In some cases it's 30 days, but in others, its up to 60 days before the cruise and then the cruise line takes them back into inventory. 

It is for Royal and since we are on a Royal form that is all I was discussing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, T-2 said:

not being able to book unless they had more than 2 to a room. 

After several days talking/texting/emailing with front office...they would not budge on that requirement. I think it ludicrous that lots of cabins are excluded from couples for no good reason, but everyone I spoke with said the same thing, she's too new and they are still formulating the booking method...in a nutshell, "hang in there you can transfer to the room you want when normal booking resumes".  Since they had the biggest booking day in history I guess it worked, but boy is it frustrating.  For those who booked them with 3 peeps, you may be able to remove the 3rd peep later on before final payment.  They offered me several alternatives to the category (which required the 3 peeps) I wanted, the Panoramic Ocean View cabin, but there are only a few of them.  Currently, they have added notes to my account, she said, holding 2 other cabins until they become available.  But for now, we have a Sept. sailing Accessable about 8 ft from the forward elevators at a reasonable amount 😅 $2373 for us.  We just couldn't afford Jan 27, too rich for our wallet...sniff.  Don't know if we'll ever be able to be there.  But I feel I was vindicated about it being that date.

As for our current cabin, we're happy with it...at least we're on the ship, who'll be in the darn cabin anyways?!  NOw for the 19 month wait watching this thread like a hawk for new announcements, speaking of which, where is that "exciting" new announcement Bayley?????

10 hours ago, T-2 said:

I couldn't stand the suspense, I did go back into RCCL online booking tonight and they had opened up cabins that they did not offer me on Monday.  Scored the perfect pair of balconies on a mid level floor aft and now I just have to figure out how to ever get to sleep tonight, excited more than words can say.  For anyone else who experienced the same struggle booking cabins for just 2 people, everyone who helped me was on target, they are opening things up as I was just able to book 2 cabins with only 2 pax in each.  There are some awesome locations now available.  THANK YOU everyone!

Oh, I am glad it worked out for you!  We will be on her on March 19 for my daughters Senior celebration!  We scored a sunset corner suite on 12...

3 hours ago, Eremita85 said:

These are from last wednesday.

Amazing how those with the slide rules and pocket protectors can make the third order curves on the (extremely femenine) Aquadome match up with the bridge a quarter mile away.  

And this part of deck 14 plans sure does look like the bridge wings are accessible, but probably under shelter, not outdoors.  I think I'd like that though, Oasis class is so windy out there.

image.png.935d5008f38eef0f0ea79585b45cb2af.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmerick said:

Amazing how those with the slide rules and pocket protectors can make the third order curves on the (extremely femenine) Aquadome match up with the bridge a quarter mile away.  

And this part of deck 14 plans sure does look like the bridge wings are accessible, but probably under shelter, not outdoors.  I think I'd like that though, Oasis class is so windy out there.

Hard to tell from some of these images. 

E145B01A-4942-4A79-B348-71EC341E5FBA.png

0834BE0A-E2CD-499D-9969-D575D5D0B35C.jpeg

38DE65DD-42A2-4B59-A336-F7DFA2783856.png

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, gmerick said:

5 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Hard to tell from some of these images. 

E145B01A-4942-4A79-B348-71EC341E5FBA.png

0834BE0A-E2CD-499D-9969-D575D5D0B35C.jpeg

38DE65DD-42A2-4B59-A336-F7DFA2783856.png

Screenshot_2022-10-29-11-04-21-487_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-29-11-04-28-499_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-29-11-04-34-004_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-29-11-04-54-111_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-29-11-05-09-011_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-29-11-05-25-285_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-29-11-05-53-085_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2022 at 9:45 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

On all ships other than Icon it is only doubles.

Icon has a couple categories where group rates are available for triples and quads

Industry wise and not RCI specific.

When a TA needs a triple/quad stateroom, either way 1 double will be transformed on said triple/quad, or cruise line will exchange one of the doubles in TA's inventory with one of the triple/quads if available. This is why on most sites, at least here in Europe, each time you choose a triple/quad stateroom you'll to be prompted with an advise saying something like "Availability subject to request". I went on Allure in Europe in a triple on a TA's block under those conditions. There are very few exceptions for that: Disney cruise lines, and now apparently the RCI's Icon class are the most notable, or elsewhere when a ship has a "family" cabin category of sorts on inventory.

If RCI notes there's a large amount of staterooms not selling at triple/quad like they intended they'll just to make the adjustment. As I say: Let the hype to cool down a little bit.

Edited by Nunagoras

42 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Industry wise and not RCI specific.

When a TA needs a triple/quad stateroom, either way 1 double will be transformed on said triple/quad, or cruise line will exchange one of the doubles in TA's inventory with one of the triple/quads if available. This is why on most sites, at least here in Europe, each time you choose a triple/quad stateroom you'll to be prompted with an advise saying something like "Availability subject to request". I went on Allure in Europe in a triple on a TA's block under those conditions. There are very few exceptions for that: Disney cruise lines, and now apparently the RCI's Icon class are the most notable, or elsewhere when a ship has a "family" cabin category of sorts on inventory.

If RCI notes there's a large amount of staterooms not selling at triple/quad like they intended they'll just to make the adjustment. As I say: Let the hype to cool down a little bit.

With Royal you can move any stateroom/occupancy into the group to pick up the group amenities without having to relinquish any of your staterooms.  Any of those staterooms that are either 3/4 occupancy or staterooms that are not offered in groups by Royal can not take advantage of group rates, the only thing they gain is the group amenity.  When I am giving examples it is for Royal only and not the rest of the industry since every line is different.

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

With Royal you can move any stateroom/occupancy into the group to pick up the group amenities without having to relinquish any of your staterooms.  Any of those staterooms that are either 3/4 occupancy or staterooms that are not offered in groups by Royal can not take advantage of group rates, the only thing they gain is the group amenity.  When I am giving examples it is for Royal only and not the rest of the industry since every line is different.

And/or; maybe; even RCI works differently with European partners rather than the US. Common hotel/cruise/general tourism places here in Europe procedures are generally what I stated on my post. Thanks to your contribution though. I'll need to live years or my entire life to see any Portuguese or either way EU TA to have an "Immediately Available" note behind a triple/quad room/cabin elsewhere other than Disney cruises and perhaps the odd land hotel family room elsewhere that falls to a group booking business.

Edited by Nunagoras

Just how fully booked is Icon after just 1 week?

I have looked at crown loft suites on 5 different sailings across 2024 and into 2025 and all are showing just 1 left?

And they are an extortionate price as well.

If Royal are able to command prices like that for Icon class and maintain them they will soon pay of their debt lol